Welcome to my Top Race Interlocking Blocks F15 Fighter Jet Model review. This is a model of the amazing F15 fighter jet, as you can see from the title it uses ‘interlocking blocks’, so basically it’s like Lego, but it’s not Lego branded.
Design and quality:
In this set, you get 271 different pieces ranging from small blocks to large wings. With the exception of a few pieces the blocks are all colored in grey to fit with the F15 color scheme. Some of the blocks have F15 related printing on them such as a badge and numbers. As well as the main jet itself you also get the missiles that are often seen hanging off the bottom of the jet during times of combat.
The quality of each of the blocks is surprisingly good for a product that essentially copies Lego in all ways possible. The blocks are made from what feels and looks like ABS plastic. This means the blocks are as strong as they need to be. I did have a few issues, but I’ll talk about that in the building section of the review.
The finished product is a stunning representation of the real thing. It includes features such as the air brake, landing gear and stabilizers as well as all the other features of the jet. There’s also a person included to sit in the jet, although it’s technically just a head.
While building the jet wasn’t too hard, it did take me a few hours due to the fact 99% of the pieces are grey, which meant picking out the pieces I needed was sometimes like finding a needle in a haystack. This is a problem I have never really encountered with real Lego blocks as the blocks are split into separate bags that each had a number on them, whereas the blocks in this kit were split into seperate bags, but with no particular order, so basically all the bags had to be opened at the same time.
I do have to say the bricks need quite a bit of pressure to ensure they stay down properly or you end up with bits falling off at the slightest movement, for example, the missiles keep falling off if I move it a slight bit. While the other blocks now stay down for me these and a few other things still fall off with slight movement. It may be a good idea to invest in some building block glue.
The included manual was actually really easy to follow and I don’t think it needs improving at all. The images are clear and the instructions guide you through each step of the building process.
- ✔2 in 1 STEM KITS -- We include guide for 2 science designs--Off-Road Truck & Helicopter(can not build at the same time) in details, easy to build as guide step by step.It's fit for boys and girls aged 6-10 and older, great STEM toys encourage your child to learn through play.
- ✔POWER MACHINERY -- 221PCS STEM building sets includes a motor drive and a battery control box(requires 6 AA batteries --not included) that will make model move. This is a great way for your child to get started in science toy.
- ✔GREAT STEM LEARNING TOYS -- This science toys will teach children: speed variable principle /centrifugal force /application of the crown gear. It is a perfect toy to encourage learning of mechanics and engineering in young children, enhance your children's Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math skills.
- ✔SAFETY & QUALITY -- All pieces are sturdy and durable, which are made of premium quality harmless and non-toxic ABS plastic.
- ✔IDEAL GIFT -- Great gift for birthday |Children's Day| Christmas| Easter| STEM| summer camp activities| back to school.
I am impressed by this F15 fighter jet model as it looks like the real thing, only much smaller. The overall quality of the building blocks is great although some of them do have issues staying in place.
I received this product for free in return for my honest and unbiased review. This has had no effect on my overall opinion of the product.
Last update on 2022-11-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- Btopllc 16GB Portable MP4/MP3 Player Review
- Rock Ditor 2.4A USB Car Charger Kit Review: A Boring Device That Does A Good Job
- Sinaco 1:22 Scale Toy Tipper Truck Review: Fun And Fast With A Strong Design
- Anglink 6 Port Desktop USB Charging Station Review
- Soundpeats Q16 Truly Wireless Bluetooth Earphones Review