Welcome to my Stoga EK-012 Bluetooth Smartwatch review. This is a very cheap two in one smartwatch/mobile phone. As a watch, it can be connected to your phone to display information such as contacts and other things. As a mobile device, it can be used to browse the web, check out facebook, send and receive texts and make and receive calls.
Listed below are bestselling Bluetooth Smartwatch review which satisfy both affordability and quality.
Given that the Stoga EK-012 is a cheap product, you would expect it to look cheap, except it really doesn’t look that bad at all. The front plate that surrounds the 1.56-inch touchscreen display is constructed of a stainless steel, while the strap is made of thick rubber. Around the back is a removable battery cover which covers the battery and the sims lot as well as the MicroSD slot.
Just above the screen is the watch’s built in 0.3mp camera. This means you can take photos from the watch or even have video calls through the watch. However given the low 0.3mp the quality is terrible.
While I love the design of this watch and do think it looks good, I do have one concern and that’s the strap. It seems to be moulded to the body of the watch, which means if it breaks away, it’s not replaceable. I have actually had another smartwatch in the same price bracket as this with the same type of strap and it did break away after a bit.
As far as it goes there’s not an awful lot this watch can do, this is more so when you don’t have the watch connected to a smartphone via Bluetooth. When not connected it’s essentially just a watch with other features that can’t be used. Once connected however you are able to view your contacts messages and even make calls and send messages. Things become even better though when a sim card is inserted as this turns the watch into a phone that is capable of making/receiving calls, sending/receiving messages and browsing the net. All of these are independent of any Bluetooth connectivity and simply rely on your sim card to do the work .
Navigating through the watch is simple and all the applications are clearly marked. Check out my U.I walkthrough below.
The application known as BT notifier was useless with this watch, I had all sorts of issues and ended up having to look around to find an application that worked well with my HTC One M9 and the watch. I had all sorts of problems such as not been able to use most of the features and been told I need to install the application, even though I already had. After looking around and viewing other reviews I was led to an application known as ‘Smartwear’ which works extremely well and has allowed me to make use of every feature the watch has to offer for Bluetooth mode.
As for phone mode, I haven’t really had the chance to play around with this as I don’t have the budget to go out and top up another sim card,however, I have tried it a bit with my current sim and it worked extremely well for me. I was able to make calls, browse the net and update my Facebook status. However as I mentioned I don’t have a lot of interest in this mode as I already have a phone for that sort of stuff.
- Use amazon Alexa built in to get quick news and information, check the weather, set timers and alarms, control your smart home devices and more all through the sound of your voice (third party app may be required; amazon Alexa not available in all countries)
- Based on your heart rate, time asleep and restlessness, sleep score helps you better understand your sleep quality each night. Also track your time in light, deep and REM sleep stages and get personal insights
- Control your Spotify app, download Pandora stations and add Deezer playlists—plus store and play 300+ songs on your wrist (subscription required; Pandora is us only)
- With a larger display and an always on option, your information’s always a quick glance away (always on display requires more frequent charging)
- Track heart rate 24/ 7, steps, distance, calories burned, hourly activity, active minutes and floors climbed
I am quite impressed with this watch. It’s good value for the money and does a great job. The biggest letdown, however, comes from the recommended application. In the end, I had to go out and find another one that would actually work.
DISCLAIMER: I received this product for free in return for my honest and unbiased review. This has had no effect on my overall opinion of the product.
Last update on 2021-01-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- Moto G6 Play Spigen Rugged Armor Case Review
- Ohuhu 4M Agility Ladder Speed Ladder Review: A Simple And Easy Way To Do Agility Training
- Sandberg EsportsEquipment Blue Storm Wireless Headset Review: Low Price But Still Awesome
- EVBEA Faux Black Pear Clip On Earrings Review: A Lovely Budget Pair Of Earrings
- Pokémon Go On The 8GB Moto G3