Welcome to my Silicon Power Blaze B30 32GB USB Flash drive review. In a day and age where everything is digital, we often find ourselves having to take digital files back and forth with us. To do this portable storage is needed such as a flash drive.
Design and build quality:
This flash drive has a stunning design that consists of a plastic diamond cut body and a metal swivel top that can be swiveled all the way around the device from top to bottom. This means it can be used as a cap for the USB connector when the flash drive isn’t in use.
The build quality is fantastic. The flash drive feels solid in the hand and even looks it. The USB end is nice and sturdy with no movement to suggest any looseness at all. The swivel cap is easy to move but has a lock system that automatically locks it to ensure it doesn’t move on its own.
This is a USB 3.0 device which makes it capable of high-speed data transfer. Unfortunately, my USB 3.0 ports have decided to pack up and no longer work, so instead I am using USB 2.0 ports, this isn’t an issue really, it just means I am not able to utilise the high-speed transfer of this flash drive and can only give results based on it being connected to a 3.0 hub that is now connected to a 2.0 port.
To test the write and read speed’s of this on a 2.0 port, I downloaded a program called USBDview. This application does a number of things but I only need it for one thing and that thing is getting write and read speed results.
I ran the test a few times and ended up getting varying results with figures between 10 to 15 MB/s for write speed and 15 to 23 MB/s for read speed. These results aren’t too bad and the results would have been better if I was connected to a 3.0 port instead of going backward and using a 2.0 port.
Given that most of the files I transport are very small in size compared to media files, this transfer speed is fine, although on 2.0 speeds large files may take some time to transfer. I have transferred a few small music files in the range of 3 to 6 MB in size and they all transferred within seconds.
The Blaze B3o is a stunning USB flash drive. It has a stylish sleek modern look and is well made. The 2.0 speeds are decent but I reckon this would be very fast with the 3.0 speeds it has been designed for.
I received this product for free in return for my honest and unbiased review. This has had no effect on my overall opinion of the product.
- Swivel cap design that enables to prevent the problem of cap loss. Stylish look with classic diamond-cut pattern.
- SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface, backward compatible with USB 2.0.
- Work with PCs and Macs, letting you to share files between different platforms.
- Backed by lifetime warranty that guarantees complete services and technical support.
Last update on 2022-07-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- Z 01 Audio Solo Cannon Wireless Speaker Review
- Langsdom A10 Earphones Review: Look Awesome And Sounds Awesome
- Blitzwolf Wireless Portable Bluetooth Speaker Review: A Simple Design And Amazing Audio
- Indesit Aria DFW 5530 IX Electric Oven Review
- Foxnovo Sand Timer Set Review: A Perfect Sand Timer Set For Things Such As The Thinking Chair Or Brushing Teeth