Sandberg has been busy, yet again, adding more products to its EsportsEquipment range, and one of the latest products is the Sandberg EsportsEquipment Xterminator gaming mouse. It joined their already impressive line up of PC gaming peripherals including mice, keyboard, chairs, desk etc in February 2018.
Being a gaming mouse, it sports a very modern design, complete with an RGB lighting setup (with loads of colors to choose from) and eight programmable buttons. The overall look is great, and when you pair it with the Hailstorm keyboard and Touch RGB mousepad (both part of the EsportsEquipment range), you are presented with a real treat, in the form of a sweet looking setup.
There seems to be a real emphasis on comfort, although I do feel that one button, in particular, could have been placed a bit better. The button I am referring to is located towards the front of the left-hand side of the mouse and by default acts as a secondary left click/fire button. The issue I have with it is that it is directly where my thumb rests, which makes it extremely prone to accidental presses, which are very annoying when browsing or playing games. I have managed to slightly adjust my thumb angle, which in turn has made occurrences of accidental presses much less.
In terms of size and comfort, well I personally find the mouse to be perfect. My hand sits comfortably over it and curves nicely down the rear, with no palm drag at all. Even during prolonged sessions, I experience no discomfort.
Included with the Sandberg EsportsEquipment Xterminator gaming mouse is a software disc, or alternatively, if your PC doesn’t have a disc drive (like mine) you can download the included software from here. The purpose of this software is to offer the user a vast range of different customization options for the mouse from setting up macros to changing the color of the LED light system based on the DPI in use.
The software has been designed really well and is so simple to use. There are four clearly labeled tabs along the top of the user interface and clicking one of these tabs will take you to that labels setting page, so for example, if you want to set up or edit your macros, you simply click the ‘macro’ tab or if you want to go deeper and want to change things like light speed, light color etc you click on the ‘advanced’ tab.
I should point out that the software isn’t essential to using the mouse, so if you just want a basic mouse and are happy with the way things are setup already, you’re good to go without installing the software. As usual, the mouse is plug and play, so there’s no actual requirement to install the software to use the mouse as it is.
I use my computer for a mixture of things such as browsing the net, playing games and writing these reviews, so its fair to say I have put the Sandberg EsportsEquipment gaming mouse to a great level of use across a wide range of activities so far.
Being a gaming mouse, it’s only fair to start by talking about how the mouse operates out there in the gaming worlds, of which there are of course many. I have used the mouse across a few different FPS games and have come away reasonably impressed, mostly thanks to just how smooth the overall experience is. Every button works well and each click provides instant on-screen results, while every physical movement provides a lag-free on-screen movement. It’s also fair to say that as a gaming mouse it’s incredibly simple to use and master as it isn’t one of those mice that includes an extra 1oo buttons on the side.
As the majority of my PC times is spent on web browsing and work, I have used this mouse a lot for just general activities and again it works really well. It responds to each and every click and offers fluent on-screen movement of the cursor.
Overall the Sandberg EsportsEquipment Xterminator gaming mouse is a brilliant new entry into the EsportsEquipment range. It offers plenty of features including customization and RGB lighting. Pair it with the Hailstorm keyboard and Touch RGB mousepad and you get a setup fit for a king.
- Focus 20K DPI Optical Sensor: Auto-calibrates across mouse mat and reduces cursor drift from lift-off and landing for industry-leading precision. Razer Optical Switches – 70M Click Durability
- 3x Faster Than Traditional Mechanical Switches: New Razer optical mouse switches uses light beam-based actuation, registering button presses at the speed of light
- Immersive, Customizable Chroma RGB Lighting: Supports 16.8 million colors w, included preset profiles; syncs with gameplay and Razer Chroma-enabled peripherals and Philips Hue products
- 8 Programmable Buttons: Allows for button remapping and assignment of complex macro functions through Razer Synapse 3
- Drag-Free Cord for Wireless-Like Performance: Razer Speedflex cables eliminate the need for mouse bungees, drastically reducing weight and drag for absolute control
- Modern design
- Feature packed
- Customizable buttons and lighting
- Additional left/fire button is awkwardly positioned
Last update on 2023-01-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- HTC One A9 Review
- Until You Coin Stealing Cat Money Box Review: A Cute And Novel Way To Save Money
- Hlyoon Nose Hair Trimmer Review: Get Rid Of Nose Hair On The Go
- Elinker MP3 Player Review: A Decent Option In The World Of Cheap Portable Music Players
- Ramaka Solutions Large Insulated Lunch Bag Review: A Fantastic Insulated Bag