The Sandberg EsportsEquipment Twister gaming headset is the cheapest option from the EsportsEquipment gaming headset range. With a price mark around £20, the Twister headset certainly is a budget gaming peripheral but does this mean it’s no good?
Sandberg EsportsEquipment Twister Gaming Headset Review: Product features
The following list of information is taken directly from the product page over at Sandberg’s website. It’s included with the review to inform you of the full product features and specifications.
Sandberg EsportsEquipment Twister Gaming Headset Review: Design
Something a lot of headsets with a price as low as the price of the Twister lack is a decent looking appearance. The EsportsEquipment Twister gaming headset is one of the exemptions to this. The headset looks stunning and it’s easy to see, that the design is focused on gaming. This is thanks to having a modern and sleek look with curves and indents in all the right places. Then there’s something, that no PC peripheral is complete without, I’m of course talking about the LED light system. The headset has a blue LED system in place, with a set of LED’s located on the side of each ear cup. Unfortunately, the color is just limited to solid blue and there’s no dedicated on or off switch. If you don’t want the LED light on you can simply unplug the USB cable from your PC as the microphone and headphones are powered from 3.5mm jacks.
The color scheme here is a stunning looking black and blue, which fits in well with the other headsets from the family as well as other peripherals from the EsportsEquipment family. While the headset has a strong solid build, the materials used do reflect the price you are paying. This means the headset is quite plasticky when it comes to feeling and doesn’t have a premium appearance like the more expensive headsets out there.
At the front of the left ear cup is a solid microphone that can be pulled down and outwards when in use or up and inwards while not in use. Unfortunately, it can’t be moved left or right, which means if you’re a quiet speaker, you’re going to need to talk up.
I have a bit of criticism towards the nylon coated cable that has been used for the Twister headset. The cable quality could be a lot better, even at this price point. For me right now though, the cable is too thin and feels quite flimsy. If you were to accidentally tug a bit too hard on this cable, it would most likely snap. The negatives out-of-the-way, the cable is good when it comes to length as if offers a generous 2.1m. This means I am able to sit comfortably at just the right distance from my PC desk and still have enough cable slack to freely move about in the area near my PC. There’s also an inline remote present on the cable, that has a microphone power switch as well as a volume dial on it.
Sandberg has a tendency to ensure their wearable products are comfortable and that’s no different when it comes to the Sandberg EsportsEquipment Twister gaming headset. The padding on each ear cup is thick and soft, which results in comfort that stays. Then there’s the headband padding, which again is quite thick and soft, which yields the same results as the ear cup padding. Adjustment is taken care of by runners of each side of the headband that simply lift the headband up or lower it depending on head size.
Sandberg EsportsEquipment Twister Gaming Headset Review: Audio and microphone quality
I have to say the audio the Sandberg EsportsEquipment Twister gaming headset produces is far better than the audio produced on other headsets I have used with a similar a price. What you get here is clear audio and a decent level of bass and a good enough level of treble. This can be said for gaming with the headset as well as chatting and listening to music through your PC’s media player or Youtube.
The microphone does work well, although I do have to raise my voice a bit, to ensure I can be heard. I have been using it for gaming and chat through Skype and with the exception of raising my voice a few times, I have found it a joy to use.
Sandberg EsportsEquipment Twister Gaming Headset Review: Overall
Sandberg has again proven, that no matter the price of a product, they are able to produce something that is fantastic. While there are pros and cons of this headset, it’s easy for me to say that the pros far outweigh the cons, such an example is that the great design, more than makes up for the plasticky feeling of the headset. The audio is great, especially for a headset of this price. Would I recommend it? Well despite the few things I don’t like, such as the cable, I would say yes. At the price, you are getting a solid good performing headset that’s just too good to miss out on.
- Arctic 5 combines cutting edge audio technology with independent game and chat controls and RGB illumination for an immersive gaming experience
- Arctic speaker drivers produce ultra-low distortion, paired with DTS headphone’s v2.0 surround sound for rich, immersive audio
- Widely recognized as the best mic in gaming, arctic clear cast bidirectional microphone delivers studio quality voice clarity and background noise cancelation
- The inline USB chat mix dial balances game audio and chat volume on the fly
- Padded air weave ear cushions and adjustable, steel reinforced headband provide long-lasting comfort and durability
- Designed for comfort: Exceptionally comfortable memory foam ear cushions and padded leatherette headband help keep you focused on gaming
- Supreme audio quality: Large 53 millimeter drivers provide high-quality audio. Hear in-game details better and get the in-game advantage on your opponents
- 7.1 virtual surround sound: Truly immerse yourself in your games with hardware-driven virtual 7.1 surround sound for precisely located audio
- Passive noise cancellation: The closed ear cup design blocks out outside distractions to keep you in the game
- Built to last: The solid, durable aluminum frame is built to withstand the blows of daily use
- Works with Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PS5, PS4, Switch, smartphones, tablets, and other audio devices.
- 40mm drivers deliver explosive game sound
- High performance microphone with advanced circuitry
- Soft padded cushions for maximum comfor
- 4 foot cable length.
- The #1 Best-Selling Gaming Peripherals Brand: Source - The NPD Group, Inc. U.S. Retail Tracking Service: Gaming Keyboards, Gaming Mice, Gaming Headsets, Gaming Peripherals; Based on dollar sales, Jan-Sept. 2021 combined
- THX 7.1 Surround Sound Capable: Provides industry-leading audio realism for in-game immersion by providing accurate spatial audio information beyond standard 7.1 surround sound directional cues
- Triforce Titanium 50mm High-End Sound Drivers: Outfitted with cutting-edge, 50mm drivers divided into 3 parts for individual tuning of highs, mids, and lows
- All-Day Comfort: Oval, cooling gel-infused cushions that prevent overheating and pressure build-up
- Detachable Razer Hyperclear Cardioid Mic: Tuned to have a more focused voice pickup area, get the most out of the mic with a with advanced voice tweaking options via Razer Synapse 3
- Pull out a bock without crashing the stack to win at Jenga
- Includes 54 Jenga hardwood blocks, stacking sleeve with instructions
- Genuine hardwood blocks
- Simple, solid, and timeless
- It takes skill, strategy, and luck! Challenge yourself or play with friends
- -40 mm oversize drivers for heart pounding Explosive game sounds and Extra Bass Punch. Overstuffed Earpads for fatigue free gaming for a perfect gaming experience.
- -Features Dual Inline Volume Controls for Separate Chat and Game Sounds.
- -High performance echo free boom microphone stays where you set it. Advanced circuitry ensures crystal clear chat (or trash talk!). Don’t get left behind - Guide your platoon, find the zombies, soar the air!
- -Padded fully adjustable headband and foldable earcups for travel or easy storage.
- -Designed for the XBOX One but also works with the PS4 and other systems.
- Lightweight headset (275 gram) with 90-degree rotating ear cups provide a snug fit that conforms to your head
- 50 millimeter directional drivers for audio precision — enjoy the full audioscape of your favorite games
- HyperX signature memory foam provides maximum comfort during extended use
- Adjustable steel slider for a solid and long lasting sturdy feel
- Intuitive volume control on headset ear cup
- Crystal Clear Chat: An adjustable, high sensitivity mic picks up your voice loud and clear, and can be removed when watching movies or listening to music
- High Quality 40 millimeter Speakers : Hear every crisp high and thundering low with these large 40 millimeter speakers
- Lightweight and Comfortable: Play for hours (or days) in complete comfort
- Convenient In line Controls: Convenient in line controls place master volume and mic mute right at your fingertips
- Versatile Compatibility : Works great with PC and Mac, as well as PS4 Pro and PS4, the new Xbox One controller with the 3.5 millimeter jack, and mobile/tablet devices with a 3.5 millimeter connection
- TURTLE BEACH 60MM ECLIPSE DUAL DRIVERS - Patented, all-new dual drivers separate high and low frequencies for ultra-detailed gaming audio across a massive soundstage
- PRO-LEVEL COMMS - Developed for professional gaming, the TruSpeak removable, noise-cancelling microphone delivers reliable, clear chat
- TURTLE BEACH ACCUTUNE PRECISION - A precisely engineered earcup injected with a wood composite lends to enhanced acoustics for realistic sound imaging
- SUPREME COMFORT - Soft memory foam ear cushions wrapped in athletic weave fabric keep you comfortable and cool in the heat of the battle
- DURABLE, LIGHTWEIGHT DESIGN - The adjustable, metal-reinforced headband is built to last, flexible, and lightweight for marathon gaming sessions
Last update on 2021-12-08 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API