The Sandberg EsportsEquipment Blue Storm wireless headset is one of the latest additions to the companies, gaming PC gaming accessories moniker ‘Esportsequipment’. Unlike previous gaming headsets released under this moniker, this one is wireless, which means it can even be used on devices with Bluetooth such as mobile phones.
- BLOCK UNWANTED BACKGROUND NOISE: Jabra Elite 85h Wireless Headphones are engineered for the best wireless calls and music experience with SmartSound. Smart Active Noise cancellation responds to the environment, switching on if it detects background noise.
- SMARTSOUND AUDIO: The revolutionary SmartSound Audio technology in these Bluetooth headphones analyze your sound environment and automatically applies your personalized audio to give you the sound you need, when you need it.
- LONG BATTERY LIFE HEADPHONES: Up to 36 hours of battery on a single charge (with ANC switched on), and fast charging of 5 battery hours in 15 minutes. Listen from the start of the day to the end with these noise canceling headphones.
- UNMATCHED CALL QUALITY: The advanced technology uses 6 of the 8 built-in microphones to enhance call quality and block out background and wind noise. This enables crystal clear sound, so you can make and receive calls in total confidence.
- WATER RESISTANT: No matter the elements, you’re prepared to go anywhere with certified water and rain resistant headphone technology and nano-coating of the internal components. Plus, there are no pesky wires in these Bluetooth wireless headphones
- 1 Sandberg Esportsequipment Blue Storm wireless headset review: Product Specifications
- 2 Sandberg Esportsequipment Blue Storm wireless headset review: Design
- 3 Sandberg Esportsequipment Blue Storm wireless headset review: Setup and signal reliability
- 4 Sandberg Esportsequipment Blue Storm wireless headset review: Audio and microphone quality
- 5 Sandberg Esportsequipment Blue Storm wireless headset review: Overall
Sandberg Esportsequipment Blue Storm wireless headset review: Product Specifications
Sandberg Esportsequipment Blue Storm wireless headset review: Design
This headset has a design that is a crossover between a normal headset and a gaming one. By this I mean in terms of style, they look like most typical Bluetooth headsets, but they do have a gaming design element to them. This element comes in the forms of the colors used, the design of the earcups and the inclusion of LED lighting which itself is a big feature of most gaming PC accessories.
There’s also a big focus on comfort where the earcups are concerned and this is clearly visible from the start. They have a design that is hard to explain, so I’ll put it like this, they are designed with a shape that allows them to fit snugly over and around the ears. This design works wonders as the headset is really comfortable around the ears. The headband could be a bit better though as it doesn’t have a soft padding, instead it has a thin layer of rubber, which is a bit uncomfortable for me.
There are a few different control buttons located on the front of the right earcups along with a staus LED and a 3,5mm audio jack. On the bottom of the earcup is a tiny little microphone hidden away.
Sandberg has also carefully thought about storage of this headset and through thinking this, they have produced it as a fold away headset. This makes the headset more compact and easier to carry around in a bag.
The LED system on this headset is simply a strip set of LEDs on each earcup. There are only two modes, which are on and off and one color which is Blue. The LED can be turned on or off with their own dedicated button, which can turn them on or off regardless of whether or not the main headset power is turned on.
With a black glossy color complete with blue colored trims and text, the Sandberg Esportequipment Blue Storm wireless headset looks stunning, although the glossy finish does make them quite the fingerprint magnet.
Inside the headset is a small but efficient 380mAh rechargeable battery. This has so far lasted me about 6 hours from a single charge and is still going strong well on its way to the 10 hours it supposed to get for playback.
Sandberg Esportsequipment Blue Storm wireless headset review: Setup and signal reliability
The initial pairing of this headset with my Bluetooth enabled PC was a quick and easy task to do. I had it up and running within a matter of seconds. Of course, there is also a 3.5mm aux jack so you can connect this headset to your PC or phone without the use of Bluetooth.
Like most Bluetooth headsets, this one comes with a working range of 10m, which means there can be plenty of space and maybe a room in between the headset and what ever device it is connected to. I am able to leave my PC playing music and walk off to my kitchen with this headset on and experience no issues at all.
Sandberg Esportsequipment Blue Storm wireless headset review: Audio and microphone quality
I have been using this headset with my PC for about a week now for gaming and listening to music. The audio is superb as it offers decent levels of bass and treble. The headset also provides a clear listening experience that makes both listening to music and online chat a pleasure to do. In a game, audio is quite good as well, not as good as a 7.1 surround sound headset, but none the less still quite good considering this is a Bluetooth headset.
The built-in microphone is quite decent for the most part, although I do feel it would be much better if it was closer to the mouth, especially for gaming on a PC as I have often found myself having to speak a bit louder so other can hear me through their in-game audio. On Skype, the mentioned issue is not existent as there is no in-game audio there and I am able to freely talk to my friends and family who can hear me clearly.
Sandberg Esportsequipment Blue Storm wireless headset review: Overall
The Sandberg Esportsequipment Blue Storm wireless headset is a stunning product, both in terms of design and audio quality. Sandberg is no stranger to pushing out high-quality goods, even when it comes to low-priced goods such as this headset. With a price tag of less than £35 over at sellers on Amazon, you really can’t go wrong.
Last update on 2021-03-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API