Pokémon Go on the 8GB Moto G3. Will it work ?
Before I start going on I’ll just point out that are two versions of the Moto G3. An 8GB model with 1GB of Ram and a 16GB version with 2GB Ram. In this write-up I am focusing on the 8GB model as that is the model I own.
Listed below are bestselling Pokémon Go which satisfy both affordability and quality.
So the answer to the question is yes, it will work with the 8GB model. Niantic has stated that the game will only work on devices with 2GB of Ram, but as I mentioned above the Moto G 8GB model only has 1GB of Ram. So technically it shouldn’t be supported, but strangely it is officially supported and I say ‘officially’ because you can actually download the Pokémon Go application from the Play Store from the phone itself without having to go down the APK route.
Are there any issues ?
For the most part, no there aren’t many issues, but there are some. For example, the game lags a bit and it’s noticeable, particularly if anything is running in the background, this is because when Pokémon go is running other things such as location services and your internet service are both running, combine the three and Pokémon go can become a bit of a Ram hog. I have also experienced the phone lagging quite a bit if the game is left running in the background.
You will also find out that the AR (Augmented Reality mode) where you can set the application to use your camera to set a live view of the Pokémon you are trying to catch doesn’t function on the Moto G3, this goes for both models. This is because the phone lacks a Gyroscope sensor, this is a device that uses Earth’s gravity to determine your current orientation. Since the Pokémon move about in AR mode this is essential for that feature. Of course, this isn’t a major issue and from what I have seen and experienced on my Galaxy S7 this is more of a gimmick feature, that’s fun but not essential to the overall gameplay at all. It also drains the battery much quicker and to be honest the game drains the battery very quickly anyway.
So how quick does it drain the battery ? You may be thinking it’s not that bad, but it is. I have had sessions leaving my home to go to town with 100% battery and returning three to fours hours later with a battery less than 10%. The other week I went to Leeds for a few hours and used the game there and my battery was dead an hour before I left for my train back. Luckily this was already anticipated and I took a Powerbank with me. Power banks are an essential if you really want to get serious with this game. You can pick them up from Amazon or any other retailer. I have posted a link to one of my favorites at the bottom of this article. Since this game uses your GPS, your processor, your internet, your Ram, your screen and everything in between there’s probably no chance the battery usage of this application will ever improve greatly.
But what about the data usage?
This question actually applies to any phone, not just the Moto G3. I use the O2 network with 4G and have a 2GB allowance each month. All I have really used my data plan for outside is this game and I can actually say the data usage has actually been far better than I though. I’m almost at my renewal date and still have well over 1.5GB of data left. Monitoring daily use I have only been using about 10 15mb per session, so in all honesty, this game really isn’t a data hog.
Pokémon Go works great with the 8GB Moto G3. It does have some issues due to the 1GB of Ram, but the overall experience isn’t too bad. The battery does drain quickly in use, but with a Powerbank like the one below you’ll be able to ”Catch em all” without having to go home and plug your phone in every four hours.
Best Selling Pokémon Go of April 2021
- The Pokémon GO Plus is a small device that lets you enjoy Pokémon GO while you're on the move and not looking at your smartphone
- The device connects to a smartphone via Bluetooth low energy and notifies you about events in the game, such as the appearance of a Pokémon nearby using an LED and vibration
- The Pokémon GO Plus will begin to blink and vibrate whenever you're within range of a PokéStop; Press the Pokémon GO Plus button to search the PokéStop for items; If you find any items, they'll immediately be added to your inventory
- When a Pokémon is near, the light on the Pokémon GO Plus will flash; It will also flash and vibrate when you pass a PokéStop;Not compatible with Android devices that use Intel Atom processors
- Once a Pokémon is close, press the button on the Pokémon GO Plus to throw a Poké Ball ;The Pokémon GO Plus will flash and vibrate to let you know if you were successful in catching the Pokémon
- ✅ AUTO-CATCH THEM & AUTO-HATCH THEM ALL with the Megacom Catchmo GO auto-catcher for Pokemon Go, which will make sure that you easy to catch Pokemon and earn XP. The always on design will help you get more Pokemon, hatch more eggs, and earn more stardust.
- ✅ ALWAYS ON LET YOU AWAY FROM HURRY-SCURRY Just keep CATCHMON GO in your bag, no need to take it out like other GoPlus, Gotcha, AutoCatcher, ALWAYS ON feature will allow you to tap the Go Plus icon in the game and wake up your device!
- ✅ FORGET WHEN YOU LAST CHARGED YOUR CATCHMON GO with our energy-efficient Pokemon Go Plus automatic catcher accessory, which features a handy power switch. Just turn it off when you are not using it and your batteries will last for more than a WHOLE MONTH! (by working 8hours per day with Alkaline batteries)
- ✅ FUSS-FREE RELIABLE CONNECTION IN SECONDS: No need to download or install any apps. No need to update DEVICE firmware. Just put in the batteries, connect your Pokemon Go plus auto-catcher via Bluetooth and start your Pokemon Go adventures with confidence.
- ✅ SURPRISE EVERY POKEMON GO TRAINER TODAY with our all-inclusive Pokemon Go Plus egg hatcher accessory, which comes in a deluxe gift box along with a handy keychain, a hanging strap, and a drawstring bag. Plus, the cute egg-hatcher shape which is made from sturdy plastic and high-crystal PVC will dazzle your loved ones!
- [Specially Designed]:Suitable for Pedometers, various Smart Phones (Under 7.2 inch) and Smart Watchs.
- [High Quality Material]: The smooth plastic material will not scratch your smart phones. And since we have improved with the metal wheel on both sides. It will not makes noise. The device can hold 2 phones on the support plate with the rubber band at the same time to help you and your family to earn steps together quietly.
- [Basic function]: The phone device can be shaked automatically and you will earn 7200 steps per hour easily! (Test Model: phone device)
- [Applications]: You will earn steps quickly in apps such as Pokemon GO (Adventure Sync), Walkr, Google Fit, hatch your pokemon faster without going out!
- [Warm Reminder]: Since each smartphone has different settings and sensor locations, if the device does not count the steps, please place the phone upside down on the device or contact us to find out a best solution.
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- Ryan Reynolds, Justice Smith, Kathryn Newton (Actors)
- Rob Letterman (Director) - Dan Hernandez (Writer) - Mary Parent (Producer)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
- Completely new design and 50% larger face against original Go-tcha
- Built in charging port and flashing light which connects directly to standard USB charger plug / USB outlet
- Included battery level indicator, so users know exact charging status, just like a mobile phone (Fully charged in 90 mins)
- Brand-new Colour Animations including Vibration, Auto Catch, Statistics, Real Time Clock, Pedometer and so much more
- Clock function for the time. Wear like a watch all day long
- It's famous—for being pathetically weak, unreliable, and generally useless.
- It can't learn any powerful moves—all it does is flop around and splash!
- When it flops its way too high in the sky, it's sometimes snagged by the Bird Pokémon Pidgeotto—never to be seen again!
- Chinese (Publication Language)
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Thorne-Jeffrey, Ashley (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 162 Pages - 04/19/2017 (Publication Date)
- Meet countless characters from the beloved series
- High-end visuals, modern resolutions and carefully polished gameplay
- Brand new horde mode multiplayer for up to two players, online and splitscreen
- English (Subtitle)
- Hat Can Be Adjustable from 56 - 59cm / 22" - 23.22" inches. Style of the hat is unisex so both genders can rock with this hat catching them all!. One size fit for male/female. You can wear this hat to party, sport activity ,school and other gaming events. Made with 100% polyester.
- Hats and stitching are premium quality with color embroidered Team Logo. Best quality, stylish and protects from UV-Rays and rain. Easy wear, suitable for normal daily life. 100% Brand New.
- This comfortable, quality hat will quickly become one of your favorites. Perfect baseball cap look cool, easy and a comfortable fit. Eco-friendly material is design Identical to modern fashion. Show your team pride! Tip your hat the next time you take a Gym.
- Great for family and friends. Great for using at cosplays, gaming events, building trainer teams, or having matching style couples' hats!!
- Pokemon fans!! Search for Pokemons while shading yourself from the sun in the Summer heat with this stylish hat while reppin' your favorite team!
- 🐱【FULLER POKEDEX】Dual Catchmon allows 2 accounts to catche Pokemon and spin Pokestop automatically, making your Pokedex fuller! Tight up the auto catcher to your backpacks with its colorful lanyard, and let the Pokemon trainer journey begin! The flash indicates notices of Pokemon showing up, caught or missed, and supplies acquring (Pokeball, potion, stardust.) Without taking out your phone or open Pokemon Go App, you can still know it working in the background through vibration or beep sounds.
- 🦄【NO EXTRA APP NEEDED】Connet Dual Catchmon with 2 accounts to Pokemon Go Plus with Wireless Bluetooth, and overwhelm other trainers instantly! You don't need to downlaod extra App for connection. The always-on features allows you to wake up the device by touch on the Go Plus icon on the APP. Dual Catchmon is your best sidekick for capturing different types of Pokemon that you dreamed of even on Pokemon Fest or Community Day (Pikachu, Eevee, Charmander.)
- 🦙【ALWAYS READY, SET & GO!】Install 2 AAA alkaline batteries with standby time of 600 hours, Dual Catchmon is always ready for your new journey (batteries not included.) Turn ON the switch to enjoy the fun, and turn OFF to save batteries for your next journey. You are always ready to set sail and capture new Pokemon without recalling when was the last time you recharge the device. No more awkward or heartache when you finally arrive at the Lure or Gym but find the device running out of battery.
- 🦘【CHOOSE NOTIFICATIONS IN YOUR WAY】MEGACOM Dual Catchmon provides notification of several status through LED blink, beeping, and vibration. Besides telling you that a Pokemon is captured, the notifications may also suggest that a Pokestop spotted, Pokeballs and potions collected through auto spinning, or the backpacks' full. If you don't want the beeping sound or vibration on, you can always turn them off by adjusting the notification mode to suit you best.
- 🐦【EXQUISITE ACCESSORIES & SATISFACTION GUARANTEED】The auto catcher Dual Catchmon comes in a sturdy plastic case and a handy lanyard key-ring chain. It's compatitable with iPhone 7 and above, and Android 7.0 and above. 100% satisfied or fully refunded! MEGACOM provides 24-hour professional customer service and product liability insurance. Return or refund of all products within the 30-day warranty period. No reason needed, no hassle: it's that simple!
Last update on 2021-04-11 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API