The STM Saga 15 inch laptop backpack is a bag designed to help you easily carry around your laptop and all the things that go with it as well as other personal belongings at the same time. It comes packing plenty of features such as:
- A large 20l capacity
- Side pockets for drinks
- Padded shoulder straps
The first thing to really strike me about the design of the STM Saga 15 inch laptop backpack is its looks. It looks like any normal backpack from the outside and it doesn’t scream ‘Look at me, I have a laptop’ and this is good, very good because it means your less likely to have your bag stolen because nobody will automatically assume its got something expensive inside it.
From the outside you have access to a pouch, two zipped up compartments and two drink bottle holders. Of the two zipped up compartments one is a small area perfect for storing things such as cables or stationary, while the other compartment is the large spacious compartment with room for a laptop up to 15 inches in size, accessories and even your personal belongings.
With a generous 20l capacity, there’s plenty of room in this backpack. The main compartment has room for all sorts as it is split into two main areas and also contains several pouches on the front of the laptop area. The pouches can be used for things such as tablet PC’s, a phone, books, magazines and even cabling. The large area right in front of the laptop compartment can be used for most things you’d carry around with you, such as spare shoes, lunch, clothing and much more.
The padding in the laptop compartment is sufficient enough for regular use and as long as you aren’t chucking the backpack about, it does a wonderful job of keeping the laptop secure as I have learned during periods of using the backpack.
While the final unzipped compartment on the front of the bag is quite deep, I do feel it would be better with a zip just for extra piece of mind and it a bit more of a deterrent from chance taking pickpockets. For this reason, I haven’t really used this front pocket for anything other than unimportant paperwork.
Comfort is very important when it comes to picking a decent laptop backpack and with the STM Saga 15 inch laptop backpack, it’s clear that STM has kept comfort in mind during the design process. The entire rear panel of the backpack is covered with a breathable mesh-covered padding that I must admit has worked wonders for me.
Then there are the shoulder straps, which also feature the same mesh-covered padding and of course, the straps can also be adjusted to suit many shoulder heights Adjusting the straps is possible and quite easy to do using a pull through adjustment system.
At the top of the backpack is a carry handle, should you just want to carry it around like luggage instead of on your back. I tend to wear it but have used the handle for simply lifting the backpack up and placing it down.
Overall the STM Saga 15 inch laptop backpack is almost perfect. It would be perfect if that unzipped compartment was zipped instead. Overall though it is easy to say it’s a pretty decent backpack, thanks to things like the generous amount of space, the comfort provided and even the minimalistic design. If you’re after a laptop backpack that offers you these things, then I would recommend this one.
- guards your device and suspends it above the bottom of the bag, with laminated dual density foam keeping it away from the impact zone
- Cable Ready cable-routing system keeps you connected, with cords conveniently stowed out of the way (even between compartments)
- Zippered side pockets offer quick access to your frequently used stuff; large enough to hold water bottles secure enough for portable power
- Ergonomic curved fit keeps the pack secure and reduces load on your shoulders
- The Stash offers the perfect solution for organizing your batteries, cables, pens, and whatnots
- Generous capacity
- Minimalistic exterior design
- One compartment doesn’t have a zip
Last update on 2023-12-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- Edifier S880DB Bookshelf Speaker Review
- Rhinowalk 10L Bicycle Saddle Bag Review: A Perfect Companion For Your Riding Storage Needs
- Nexus 6P Review: The Swan Song Of The Nexus World Hits All The Right Notes A Truly Superb Performance
- Littleducking Poppy Earrings And Necklace Set Review: A Stylish And Fitting Tribute Peice
- Cewaal 3D Virtual Reality Headset Review