Today I’m going to be looking at the Sandberg EsportsEquipment Cyclone Headset. A brand new gaming headset by the guys at Sandberg. It boasts features such as a 7 LED lighting system and 7.1 virtual surround sound. With a suggested retail price of £32.99 (£27.49 without V.A.T), this headset sits in the mid-range category.
Sandberg EsportsEquipment Cyclone Headset: Product Specifications
Sandberg EsportsEquipment Cyclone Headset: Packaging and Design
The Sandberg EsportsEquipment Cyclone Headset comes presented in a well-designed box, that features key information about the headset, pictures of the headset, a clear display window on one side to show off the product and lastly Sandberg’s multilingual information panel on the back of the box.
When it comes to looks the Cyclone Headset does look pretty good, with the exception of one part and that’s the microphone. It doesn’t move at all and just looks like a lump of plastic sticking out of an otherwise decent looking headset. In other words, it sticks out like a sore thumb. There is a discreet control panel located on the same earcup as the microphone. This panel is home to a volume adjustment dial and a microphone power switch. Despite its location, this control panel is still rather easy to find and use.
I’m also not much of a fan of the materials used here. The glossy plastic just feels cheap and hollow. Given that this is a low price headset, I’m not going to be too harsh as it falls in line with what most other companies use at this price range.
For the headband adjustment, Sandberg has opted to go for a manual adjustment method, that simply consists of each earcup sitting on its own metal runner. Adjustment is easy with this method as well as quick.
In terms of comfort, the Sandberg EsportsEquipment Cyclone Headset has really surprised me. That’s because it has a rubber headband with no traditional padding at all. Instead, the padding is simply thick rubber squares, which is new to me. Surprisingly this is extremely comfortable, even during long gaming sessions. The headband also flexes extremely well, which means it should have no issues with fitting even the widest of heads. The earcups feature the traditional faux leather-covered sponge, which is as usual quite comfortable, especially on this headset.
The LED system is pretty good. It features 7 light colors, of which it cycles through as well as four blue static strips on each earcup. The only disappointment here is that there is no way to program these lights at all or even turn them off.
With a 2.2 metres long cable, I am able to easily connect the Cyclone Headset to my PC, while still having enough slack to freely move about. The cable is nylon braided as well, which means it not only looks nice, but it will also last a lot longer than traditional rubber coated cables.
Sandberg EsportsEquipment Cyclone Headset: Audio and Microphone Performance
The Sandberg EsportsEquipment Cyclone Headset is equipped with two 40mm drivers, which is the typical norm for mid-range gaming headsets. This means they produce decent enough clear audio at typical listening volumes. The bass they produce is decent and on par with many other budget headsets. This makes them great for listening to music from my own personal collection or what is offered on Youtube.
Let’s be honest though a gaming headset is about more than just music. To some players, a decent enough headset is the difference between getting a kill or being killed. With 7.1 virtual surround sound, it’s a lot easier to figure out where enemies may be coming from based on the direction of their footstep sounds. After a few rounds on Call of Duty, I was already impressed with gaming quality of the audio, thanks to the 7.1 virtual surround sound, which as I have already said, made locating enemies much easier and let me to have a slight advantage over anyone who wasn’t using a 7.1 virtual surround sound headset.
Despite, being a sore thumb, the microphone actually works really well. I have been using the headset with TeamSpeak and have had no issues at all. It picks up my voice clearly and offers a smooth hassle free operation that doesn’t require any software boosts.
The Sandberg EsportsEquipment Cyclone Headset offers decent audio, fantastic comfort and brilliant microphone quality. It looks fantastic with exception to the stuck out microphone and the hollow plastic. However, Sandberg has shown it knows what’s important to the gamer by offering fantastic audio complete with 7.1 virtual surround sound at this price range. Sure the overall design could be better, but the correct sacrifices have been made to ensure such a feature could be implemented into such a wallet friendly headset. If you are after a decent priced headset that offers 7.1 surround sound, then I would easily recommend this one.
Check it out here
The following link is an Amazon Affiliate link. If you make a purchase after clicking this link, Amazon will pay me a small commission directly from their own pocket. This is used towards the everyday running of this site.
- 【MULTI-PLATFORM COMPATIBLE】G9000 Work with 32-bit and 64-bit Win 7/Win8/Win8.1/Win 10/XP.Support PlayStation 4, New Xbox One, PC, Nintendo 3DS, Laptop, PSP, Tablet, iPad, Computer, Mobile Phone. Please note you need an extra Microsoft Adapter (Not Included) when connect with an old version Xbox One controller.
- 【SURROUNDING STEREO SUBWOOFER】Clear sound operating strong brass, splendid ambient noise isolation and high precision 40mm magnetic neodymium driver, acoustic positioning precision enhance the sensitivity of the speaker unit, bringing you vivid sound field, sound clarity, shock feeling sound. Perfect for various games like Halo 5 Guardians, Metal Gear Solid, Call of Duty, Star Wars Battlefront, Overwatch, World of Warcraft Legion, etc.
- 【NOISE ISOLATING MICROPHONE】Headset integrated onmi-directional microphone can transmits high quality communication with its premium noise-concellng feature, can pick up sounds with great sensitivity and remove the noise, which enables you clearly deliver or receive messages while you are in a game. Long flexible mic design very convenient to adjust angle of the microphone.
- 【GREAT HUMANIZED DESIGN】Superior comfortable and good air permeability protein over-ear pads, muti-points headbeam, acord with human body engineering specification can reduce hearing impairment and heat sweat.Earmuffs used with the new second-generation skin-friendly material, reduce heat sweat, more suitable for long wear.Skin friendly leather material for a longer period of wearing. Glaring LED lights desigend on the earcups to highlight game atmosphere.
- 【EFFORTLESSLY VOLUME CONTROL】High tensile strength, anti-winding braided USB cable with rotary volume controller and key microphone mute effectively prevents the 49-inches long cable from twining and allows you to control the volume easily and mute the mic as effortless volume control one key mute.
Last update on 2023-11-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- Playtech Logic RC Drift Car Review: A Monster Of An RC Car
- Sandberg Bluetooth Audio Link Review: Old Earphones Meet New Technology
- Pokémon Go On The 8GB Moto G3
- Chuang Feng Toys Flexible Car Track Set Review: A Toy That Combines Imagination And Fun
- Hoont Plug In Electronic Total Pest Eliminator Review