The Sandberg EsportsEquipment Hailstorm mechanical gaming keyboard is part of the latest round of PC gaming accessories launched by the company. It’s the second keyboard in the EsportsEquipment lineup following the Thunderstorm gaming keyboard.
- Built with and for esports athletes for competition-level performance, speed and precision.
- Durable GX Blue Click switches deliver an audible and tactile click for a solid, secure keypress.
- Ultra-portable compact ten keyless design frees up table space for mouse movement. It’s easy to pack up and transport to tournaments.
- Use LIGHTSYNC to highlight keys and program static lighting patterns to onboard memory for tournament systems that don’t allow G HUB installations.
- Detachable Micro USB cables feature a three-pronged design for an easy, secure connection and safe transport in your travel bag.
- Hybrid mechanical gaming switches – The tactile click of a blue mechanical switch plus a smooth membrane
- OLED smart display – Customize with gifs, game info, discord messages, and more. OS-Windows, Mac OS X, Xbox, and PlayStation. USB port required
- Aircraft-grade aluminum alloy frame – Manufactured for unbreakable durability and sturdiness
- Dynamic per-key RGB illumination – Gorgeous color schemes and reactive effects for every key
- Premium magnetic wrist rest – Provides full palm support and comfort
- Lightspeed: Wireless technology for super-fast 1 ms report rate
- Romer G mechanical switches deliver quiet, precise mechanical performance and 70 million click life for incredible feel and durability
- 6 programmable G keys put custom macro sequences and in app commands at your fingertips. 1 Customize G key profiles individually for each app
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth enabled device with Windows 8 or later, Mac OS X 10.12 or later, Chrome OS, or Android 3.2 or later, iOS 10 or later
- G613 delivers up to 18 months of gaming on 2 x AA batteries. System requirements: Windows 7 or later, Mac OS X 10.10 or later, Chrome OS, Android 3.2 or later, USB port
- LIGHTSPEED wireless delivers pro-grade performance with flexibility and freedom from cords. Creates a clean aesthetic for battlestations. Delivers 40 hours on a single full charge.
- LIGHTSYNC technology provides RGB lighting that synchronizes lighting with any content. Personalize each key or create custom animations from ~16.8M colors with Logitech G HUB software.
- Low Profile mechanical switches offers the speed, accuracy and performance of a mechanical switch at half the height The GL Tactile switch produces a discernible bump at the point of actuation. Comes in 3 options: GL Tactile, GL Linear or GL Clicky.
- Tenkeyless design provides more room for mouse movement. Store the USB receiver in the back of the keyboard for additional portability.
- Beautifully crafted, the G915 TKL uses aircraft-grade aluminum alloy to deliver incredibly thin but rigid and durable design.
- High-Performance Mecha-Membrane Switches Provides the tactile feedback of mechanical key press on a comfortable soft-cushioned membrane rubber dome switch suitable for gaming
- Ultimate Personalization & Gaming Immersion with Razer Chroma Fully syncs with popular games Razer hardware Philips Hue and gear from 30 plus partners supports 16 8 million colors on individually backlit keys.Keycaps:Regular ABS
- Fully Programmable Macro Support Razer Hypershift allows for all keys and keypress combinations to be remapped to execute complex commands
- Ergonomic Magnetic Wrist Rest Made of soft-touch leatherette to maximize comfort over extended gaming sessions with built-in magnets for convenient alignment
- Durable Construction Supports up to 80 million clicks backed by a 2-year
- The CORSAIR K100 RGB is the pinnacle of CORSAIR keyboards, offering the cutting-edge performance, style, durability, and customization that gamers need to stand above the rest..Keyboard Cable Material: Braided
- The centerpiece of your gaming setup, the CORSAIR K100 RGB boasts a refined design bolstered by a durable aluminum frame, dynamic per-key RGB backlighting, and a 44-zone three-sided LightEdge.
- Powered by CORSAIR AXON Hyper-Processing Technology, enabling CORSAIR’s most advanced gaming keyboard experience by delivering up to 4x faster throughput with native 4,000Hz hyper-polling and 4,000Hz key scanning, while simultaneously driving up to 20-layer lighting effects.
- A programmable iCUE control wheel gives you command over backlighting, media jogging, and more through CORSAIR iCUE software, customizable to perform actions in games and applications.
- Tenkeyless compact mechanical gaming keyboard Redragon k552 tkl small compact with dust proof mechanical switches Linear switches quiet click sound fast action with minimal resistance without a tactile bump feel
- Rainbow LED RGB backlit mechanical USB gaming keyboard 19 different lighting effects and game modes 2 user defined modes 6 colors multiple brightness level breathing speed precision engineered keycaps offering crystal clear uniform backlighting
- Ergonomic designed steel series mechanical game keyboards high-quality durable metal-abs construction with plate-mounted mechanical keys and switches that stand up even during the most testing marathon gaming sessions
- Anti ghosting all 87 keys are conflict free nkey rollover featuring 12 multimedia keyboard keys and a non-slip ergonomic, splash-proof design comes with gold-plated high-speed corrosion free USB connector for a reliable connection
- Compatible with windows 10, windows 8, windows 7, windows vista, or windows xp, limited mac os keyboard support works well with all major computers brands and gaming pcs.
- Fluid and quiet mechanical typing: MX Mechanical keyboard features Tactile Quiet switches that deliver next-level feel and flow with less noise - Clicky and Linear switches are also available.Topcase: Low Carbon Aluminum
- Low-profile keys, more comfort: A keyboard layout designed for effortless precision, with a full-size form factor and low-profile mechanical switches for better ergonomics
- Smart illumination: Backlit keys light up the moment your hands approach the cordless keyboard and automatically adjust to suit changing lighting conditions
- Faster workflow, more customization: Customize Fn keys, assign backlighting effects, enable Flow cross-computer, multi-device control, and more in the improved Logi Options+ (1)
- Multi-device, multi-OS: Pair MX Mechanical Bluetooth wireless keyboard with up to 3 devices on nearly any operating system via Bluetooth Low Energy or included Logi Bolt receiver(2)
- Signature Mechanical Switch for Gaming: Razer Green switch technology provides a satisfying clicky sound with 50 G of actuation force, ideal for typing and gaming requiring the highest accuracy
- Ultimate Personalization & Gaming Immersion with Razer Chroma: Fully syncs with popular games, Razer hardware, Philips Hue, and gear from 30 plus partners; supports 16.8 million colors on individually backlit keys
- Doubleshot ABS Keycaps: Using a doubleshot molding process to ensure the labelling never wears off, the keycaps also have extra-thick walls which make them extremely tough to withstand constant spamming
- Ergonomic wrist rest: Perfectly aligns to the keyboard to relieve pressure on your wrists for less fatigue when gaming over long periods.
- Mini portable 60% compact layout: MK-Box is a 68 keys mechanical keyboard have cute small size, separate arrow keys and all your F-keys you need, can use it for gaming or work while saving space.
- Mechanical red switch: characterized for being linear and smoother, slight key sound has no paragraph sense with minimal resistance, but fast action without a tactile bump feel which makes it easier to tap the keyboard.
- Classic charming blue LED backlit: Customize multiple illuminated LED light effects, supports about 15 backlight modes, press Fn + Ins can control it, FN + ←/→ control backlight speed, FN + ↑/↓ control backlight brightness.
- Full anti-ghosting keyboard: all 68 keys are no conflict, black grey red mash up design, ergonomic suspension double-color injection keycap, double kickstand feet adjustable typing angle and detachable usb cable, both practical and beautiful.
- Extensive compatibility: MageGee MK-Box mechanical keyboards use USB 2.0 connector making it compatible with Windows (2000, XP, ME, Vista, 7, 8), Linux and Mac, plug and play, no drivers or software required.
Sandberg EsportsEquipment Hailstorm mechanical gaming keyboard specifications
The following information is pasted directly from Sandberg’s product page for the Hailstorm.
Sandberg EsportsEquipment Hailstorm mechanical gaming keyboard design
The EsportsEquipment Hailstorm is a rather nice looking keyboard. The design of it screams ‘gaming’, while the feel of it screams’quality’. The keys sit surrounded by a metal plate that sits on top of a plastic body that also acts as the bottom side of the keyboard. At the bottom of the metal plate are two raised panels of plastic which act as wrist rests for the user. Admittedly, a softer material like rubber would be a bit better and a lot more comfortable, but the wrists rest do their job as they should even if they do cause me a slight bit of discomfort. At the top of the metal panel is another raised bit of plastic, which this times plays host to Sandberg branding, which lights up blue when the keyboard is on. There are also a series of blue lights running around the edges of the metal plate, unfortunately, these and the logo light only light up blue and the color can’t be changed like it can with the keys.
Talking of the key colors, the EsportsEquipment Hailstorm has an RGB set of lights which generate a handful of different colors including yellow, red, purple and green just to name a few. There are several modes to choose from as well such as a sweep mode where the keys run each color in a motion similar to sweeping all at the same time and a mode where just one row of keys lights up at a time, just to name two, but there are a few more. There’s a way to change the color as well, this is done by simply pressing FN and delete simultaneously. There are also other settings such as brightness adjustment and light speed adjustment, all of which the clear instruction leaflet explains how to do using two keyboard keys.
Also included is a disc with software on it. This software allows you to create your own color profiles if you wish and create different macros. It’s really easy to use and the interface is nice and clean.
The cable from the keyboard is 1.8m long so pretty average in the length department. It’s just enough to reach my PC and still have a bit of slack left over. It’s also braided instead of just rubber coated, which means it’s a lot more versatile and much stronger.
With a weight of about 1500g the EsportsEquipment Hailstorm keyboard is a tiny bit heavy but not too heavy. This weight and four thick rubber feet on the bottom of the keyboard ensure that it grips the surface it sits on quite well. I haven’t had it move once on me, which shows me it really is working.
Sandberg EsportsEquipment Hailstorm mechanical gaming keyboard the switches
This keyboard makes use of Blue mechanical switches by a company called Outemu. Now in all honesty, until I got this keyboard I had never heard of Outemu. A quick search of Google revealed them to be a Chinese clone of Cherry MX switches but a few more looks around the net revealed them to be quite good. They offer a smooth experience as I type and even as I game. They are consistent and each one works just as well as the last, but the one downside is that they are quite loud switches, not the loudest, but not the quietest either. So a relatively ok clone but nowhere near as good as Cherry MX, but still good enough.
Sandberg EsportsEquipment Hailstorm mechanical gaming keyboard in use
I simply can’t deny that I enjoy using this keyboard. I am typing this review on it and haven’t gone back to my previous mechanical keyboard at all, this has become my favorite. Typing on it is a blessing as each key is responsive and input lag free. The decent spacing between each key has allowed me to easily type away with very few typing errors at all. The multimedia keys also work really well but I do prefer dedicated keys over combined F keys such as the ones on here, so that’s a slight disappointment for me.
I have probably spent the best part of 5 hours using this keyboard for gaming as being a parent and a reviewer leaves me next to no time to play PC games anymore, but that 5 hours has actually shown me that this is a decent keyboard for gaming. It’s fast and responsive and everything I do happens at exactly the same time I enter the command on the keyboard. Then there’s the fact that you can set up macro keys, which for any of you hardcore gamers out there might just be a blessing.
The EsportsEquipment Hailstorm gaming keyboard is a near perfect example of how lesser known brands really should design a mechanical gaming keyboard. It’s not perfect but boy is it close and the only reasons I say not perfect are the combination F/media keys and the plastic wrist rests. Everything else is fantastic and that’s why this has become my main keyboard and will most likely be my main keyboard for quite a long time.
Last update on 2023-11-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API