If you’re a Netflix user with a rooted phone smartphone or tablet, then I have some bad news for you. Netflix will no longer work for you, well if you don’t have it installed yet as according to Android Police, the already installed APK still works on their devices.
The company has given a statement to Android Police, in which it says “With our latest 5.0 release, we now fully rely on the Widevine DRM provided by Google; therefore, many devices that are not Google-certified or have been altered will no longer work with our latest app and those users will no longer see the Netflix app in the Play Store.”
Widevine is a Google owned company that offers content protection over multiple platforms to internet video services. It consists of three different security levels, of which rooted Android devices fall into level 3, which is the level for the highest threats.
- ECHTPower Professional Gaming Headset Review: A Wallet Friendly Gaming Headset
- Lenovo Star Wars Jedi Challenges Review
- Blusmart Combination Bike Lock Review: An Effective Way Of Keeping Your Bike Secure
- Suaoki Finger Pulse Oximeter Review: A Good Home Health Monitoring Device
- ToyZe Bump And Go Action Boeing 747 Airplane Review: A Fun Little Toy