The Huawei P Smart is Huawei’s latest budget device offering, which surprisingly leans more towards a premium smartphone, especially when it comes to looks and design. I’ve used and owned many budget devices, but none have been quite as nice as this one. It was first released in the U.K, in February exclusively to the Vodafone network for a limited time. It can be bought for as little £179.95 sim free from Argos at the time of this review.
- 3G HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100 4G LTE band 2(1900), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 28(700)
- 5.65-inch with Fullview Full HD IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, HiSilicon Kirin 659, Octa-core, Main Camera's: DUAL 13MP+2MP, f/2.0, autofocus, LED flash; Front Camera: 8 MP
- 32GB ROM, 3GB RAM. Finger Print Sensor. 3000mAh Super Battery. MicroSD slot up to 256GB (microSD Slot uses SIM Slot 2.)
- This device may not include a US warranty as some manufacturers do not honor warranties for international items Please contact the seller for specific warranty information.
- The box contains: Device, USB cable, Charger, Headset, Documentation. Unlocked cell phones are compatible with GSM carriers such as AT&T and T-Mobile, but are not compatible with CDMA carriers such as Verizon and Sprint. Will work with Most GSM SIM cards in the world.
- 🏆【Stylish Smart Watch】- With a sleek, modern design, brilliant 1.54" OLED display. Stainless steel surface, precision laminating process. Nano TPU85 material strap, anti-sweat matte surface treatment, ergonomic convex design and soft strap, which make wearing more comfortable. Life water resistant, the smart watch surface can resist rainwater impact when you are in outdoor
- ⌚【Two Working Model】- ☛Bluetooth model: Just connect the smart watch with your phone via Bluetooth, then download and install the APP (BTNotification or FunRun or Fundo), so you can read Whatsapp,Twitter,Facebook and other application push messages, make or receive calls, view and reply text messages etc.. ☛SIM card model: If you install a GSM 2G/2.5G Network SIM Card into the smart watch, you can make phone call directly from the smart watch, including answering and dial-up, send/reply messages
- ⏰【Multifunctional Smart Watch】 - Activity Tracker: Pedometer, sleep monitoring, sedentary remind. Other functions: Image viewer, Sound recorder (need put and SD card ), Remote capture, Alarm clock, Calendar,Camera (0.3M),Two way Anti-lost.
- 📸【WIDE COMPATIBILITY】 - This smart watch can support most android (Full compatible)and ios phones(Function limited). Please note functions is limited for IOS system.For IOS, it just support answer & call, phone book, music play, camera, clock, pedometer, phone anti-lost alert. Still not support SMS, Radio, remote camera control, etc.
- 🎉【High Capacity Battery】 -Super high capacity 380mAh Lithium-lon battery.Gives up to 180 hours standby time and 5 hours talking time.This new upgraded smartwatch is easy to use.It is perfect gift to any age.
- Google Pixel 6a adapts to you; it’s super fast and secure and powered by Google Tensor, the first chip designed by Google just for Pixel.Form_factor : Bar
- Unlocked Android 5G phone gives you the flexibility to change carriers and choose your own data plan; works with Google Fi, Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T, and other major carriers
- Pixel’s fast-charging all-day battery adapts to you and saves power for the apps you use most
- Take amazing photos with Pixel’s 12 megapixel camera and tools like Magic Eraser, Motion Mode, and Portrait Mode
- With Google Tensor, your phone launches apps fast, pages and images load quickly, and everything runs smoothly
- Ventilation Holes Design & Smart Chip System: Oversized venting on both sides of the switch stand, so don't worry about ventilation holes will be blocked and affect equipment cooling. Built in smart original chip, having Short-circuit Protection, Over Power Protection, Recovery Protection and Overheating Protection. Our switch docking station have professional technical support, after repeated testing, with the highest quality assurance!
- Replacement For Official Nintendo Switch Dock: This dock is only 82.5g(2.9oz), which is much more portable and lightweight than official switch dock, ideal replacement for taking out anywhere. Same amount of ports for USB controllers and HDMI ports for TV.(IF YOU WANT THE SWITCH DOCK WITH HDMI CABLE, PLEASE SEARCH THE ASIN B08R3T1Y5Z ON AMAZON SEARCH BOX. THE HMDI CABLE IS INCLUDED ON THAT LISTING PAGE.)
- Never Scratch Your Switch Screen & Overheat: The official dock is a RISK for scratching the screen even with a screen protector, but now WEGWANG solve this problem with unique design. The console sits on top of the unit instead of sliding into the Switch docking station avoiding overheat.
- One-touch Display Switching: Switch with one-touch button between the host and the TV display interface with 2K HDMI port. Note: To play and charge at the same time, you need a 15V/2.6A power supply (NOT INCLUDED). Three angles allows you to play your Nintendo Switch at the best viewing angle for different environments.
- Won't Sliding Around: The anti-slip base design prevents it from sliding around or falling over by accident. WHAT YOU GET: One WEGWANG Nintendo Switch Dock Station, One Package Box. And WEGWANG provides 1 year Warranty, 1 month money return guarantee and 24H x 7 email support.
- Compatible Model - The glitter liquid case is compatible with Huawei P Smart 2019 / Honor 10 Lite, Please note the glitter case is Not compatible with Huawei P Smart 2018 or other versions.
- Premium Quality - The liquid cover is made from high quality Silicone Soft TPU material, can make this beautiful clear case flexible, bendable from cracking and prevent leakage. The liquid used has passed safety testing so rest assured that it will not harm anyone.
- Glitter Liquid Bling Design - Solid color with glitter shinning element makes your smartphone look fashionable and perfect every day. The bling glitter floating liquid can move freely, give a surprise to you and your friends. You can make much fun to your friends with this pretty case. The glitter cover is a wouderful gift for girls and women.
- Full Body Protection - This sparkle liquid glitter cover case for your smartphone is anti-scratch and anti-wear more than a regular case, provides a full body protection. Protecting your smartphone from daily wear and tear, dirt, bumps, scratches, scrapes and shockproof, Cushioned corners provide augmented drop protection for accidental drops and falls.
- Perfect Fit - Perfect design with precision cutouts allow easy access to all buttons, camera, speakers, and connector without having to take off the case when charging, listening to music and taking photos.
- EXPANSIVE SCREEN: See more and do more with the ultimate folding mobile phone screen that puts a super slim tablet right in your pocket.Form_factor : Foldable Screen
- NEARLY INVISIBLE CAMERA: Take in an incredible uninterrupted view with a true edge-to-edge viewing experience thanks to our first-ever Under Display Camera
- 120HZ AMOLED 2X SCREEN: Everything looks brilliant on this big, beautiful, clear display, offering a mesmerizing and dynamic viewing experience
- MULTIPLE WINDOWS GET MORE DONE: Start working smarter not harder with three multi-windows that allow you to schedule, edit, and build presentations in a snap — or take notes with the S Pen
- HYPER FAST SPEED: Live life in the fast lane with built-in 5G connectivity and hyper-fast processing power
- 4G FDD LTE: Bands 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/12/17/18/19/20/ 26/28/32 4G TDD LTE: Bands 34/38/39/40 3G WCDMA: Bands 1/2/5/8/4/6/19 3G TDS: Bands 34/39 2G GSM: Bands 2/3/5/8(850/900/1800/1900 MHz). GSM only
- Leica Quad Main Camera | 40MP + 20MP + 8MP + TOF cameras
- The Leica quad camera and the latest light fusion sensor technology create breathtaking photos in extreme low light and night time conditions
- All new HUAWEI 3D modelling and 3D object interaction - dance with scanned objects
- 8GB Ram, 128Gb Rom, Kirin 980, 4200 mah battery
- Super charge, IMPRESSIVE camera, Quad camera
- Unlocked Smartphone - The TCL 30XL works with most major U.S. carriers, including Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile. This android phone is also compatible with Tracfone, Straight talk, Metro PCS, Simple Mobile, Cricket, Ultra Mobile, H2O, Tello, Consumer Cellular, RedPocket (Only GSMA network), Pure talk, Viya, etc. This cell phone isn't compatible with Visible or CDMA networks, such as Assurance wireless, Spectrum, Xfinity, Boost Mobile, etc.
- Cinematic Viewing Experience - Featuring a 6.82 inch expansive screen with 20.5:9 aspect ratio and dual speakers design, the TCL 30XL android phone allows you to enjoy the thrill of cinematic viewing. The unique TCL NXTVISION Technology is able to boost color, clarity and contrast of visuals while protecting your eyes from harmful blue light. This TCL phone can work as a decent gaming phone, and is also perfect for streaming video and making video calls.
- Large Battery, Fun for All Day - The 5000mAh mighty battery of this unlocked android smartphone can power up your entertainment for up to 3 days on one charge (estimated data based on internal lab test). With 18W fast-charging and an on-the-go reverse charging (OTG cable not included) option you can fuel and refuel your mobile phone in an instant.
- Powerful, Smooth and Safe - With the 6GB Ram storage and Octa-Core processor, this unlocked cell phone provides you with an instant response time. Keep all of your precious memories with the 64GB built-in storage, and even more with a Micro SD card (sold separately) that lets you add up to 512GB memory. You can also multitask smoothly thanks to the Android 12 operating system and the floating window mode. The phone’s face unlock technology brings a carefree experience with abundant joy.
- Seize the Beauty of Life - Explore the allure of highly detailed shots and broad landscape with the 50MP AI quad camera of this android phone. The AI camera system can optimize your picture according to different lighting conditions, and clear any unnecessary object that you select in the background, allowing you to be the protagonist all the time. The 13MP front-facing selfie camera of this stylish smartphone can capture you in a unique way.
- Unlocked Android 5G phone gives you the flexibility to change carriers and choose your own data plan; Pixel 6 is fast, smart, and secure, and adapts to you.Form_factor : Smartphone.Display resolution maximum:1440 x 3120 pixels
- The powerful Google Tensor processor is the first processor designed by Google and made for Pixel; it keeps your phone fast, your games rich, and your personal info safe
- Pixel’s 50 megapixel rear camera captures 150% more light for photos with richer colors and more detail
- Professional tools like Magic Eraser, Motion Mode, and Portrait Mode keep your photos sharp, accurate, and focused
- Pixel’s fast charging all day battery adapts to you and saves power for apps you use most
Huawei P Smart Review: Design
Huawei seems to have gone above and beyond the realms of expectation, with the design of this budget device. In a move similar to something from Apple, they have crafted the Huawei P Smart from a single block of Aluminium, which is in all honesty amazing. No plastic here, just good old solid metal. Also, present on the rear at the top and bottom of the phone is that famed antenna line that has presented itself across most premium smartphones. Of course, the use of Aluminium does mean there are some drawbacks, such as how easily the device can be scuffed and marked. I’ve had my review unit for about 3 weeks and what was once a shiny new phone, is already showing signs of wear from being kept in pockets.
The matt black paint finish looks really good and provides a smooth surface for your hand to grip. It is, however also a grease magnet, that picks up most surface residue quite easily. That said a quick wipe will get rid of the mess until you put it down again.
Taking up its rightful space at the front of the P Smart is a 5.65-inch IPS LCD screen. Instead of the typical 16:9 panel, the P Smart instead uses an 18:9 panel, which means it has been stretched horizontally, which means less bezel and more on-screen space.
Located above the display is a front-facing 8-megapixel camera for video calls and selfies. Next to this is the earpiece speaker, the one you use for phone calls. Also present is a small LED status light for notification purposes. What’s really impressive about this area is just how little bezel has been used to house these three things. Talking of which there’s also barely any bezel running down the sides of the display. For a budget phone, this comes as a welcome shock.
Turn the phone over and there you will find the center-mounted fingerprint scanner, that can be used to unlock the phone from a sleep state. At the top is a dual camera setup consisting of one 13-megapixel shooter and one 2-megapixel shooter complete with an LED flashlight.
Running down the right-hand side of the phone are the volume rocker and power button. Both are finished with a smooth matt black paint and respond quite well to pushes while providing a click to tell you the button push is successful. On the opposite side is the sim tray with room for a micro sim and a microSD card.
The bottom is home to a 3.5mm audio jack, a microphone, the loudspeaker, which is pretty good, but not as good as some others I have used and quite surprisingly a microUSB charging port. I actually have to say I’m quite happy to see the trusty old microUSB charging port still in use as it means there’s still some use for any old microUSB cables lying around.
Huawei P Smart Review: Screen
When it comes to budget smartphones, the screen is usually one of the places that a company spends little time or money on. With the P Smart, however, it appears that Huawei has actually put some effort into its display. For a start, they have opted to go for an ultra-tall 18:9 panel, which offers more on-screen space, when compared to the typical 16:9 panel, found on most phones. With a resolution of 1080 x 2160, it offers HD+ that provides vibrant colors and rich, clear to read text.
Brightness is really good, even outside in the sun. As you would expect, there is a brightness adjustment setting, for finding the optimum brightness for your needs. It also has the feature I love on most phones and that is the Auto brightness feature, where the phone will automatically adjust the brightness according to the surroundings.
Viewing angles can be a bit troublesome, when outside in the sun. To beat this pesky issue, you’ll have to ensure you are holding the phone at a level with your face. Inside this isn’t really an issue at all.
Huawei P Smart Review: Software and Performance
Fresh out of the box, the Huawei P Smart comes running Android 8.0 (Oreo), which is currently the latest consumer ready Android version. If you have any knowledge on Huawei, you’ll know they ship their phones with a skin on top of Android, the skin is known as the Emotion U.I and it’s not exactly popular amongst the media or consumers, for good reasons. One being that Huawei has completely done away with a dedicated app drawer and instead has made the home screen the app area (think of iOS and you’ll understand what I mean).
There are a few things I like about the U.I, such as how easy it to access settings, and how clear everything is, but overall the Emotion U.I simply feels awful and lacks in many places. I feel that by adding a proper app drawer, things would be a bit better.
Thankfully the Android Ecosystem allows you to choose from a number of different launcher replacements, all available from the Play Store. So if you do find the Emotion U.I to not suit your taste, you can always go to the Play Store and find something different.
Given that the P Smart launched with Android 8.0, I see no reason why Huawei wouldn’t update it to Android P when it’s finally out. Don’t take my word for it though as I can’t 100% guarantee that they will, but as it’s a new device, it does seem unlikely they would leave their consumers out of the P action.
For a mid-range device, the Huawei P Smart really is a shocker in terms of performance. Not only does it look like a premium phone, it performs like one too, even though its insides are nowhere near as powerful as what you would find in a premium high-end device. Running the show is the HiSilicon Kirin 659, a SoC that is produced in-house by Huawei themselves. It consists of an Octacore processor (4×2.36 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.7 GHz Cortex-A53) combined with a Mali-T830 MP2 GPU. Running alongside this SoC is 3GB of RAM (with the 32GB model) or 4GB of RAM (with the 64GB model).
Having used the phone for many different purposes, from browsing the web to watching videos, to playing games and everything that makes a phone, well a phone, I have experienced just how well it performs under different situations. It takes the load with ease, when multitasking, thanks to that 3GB of RAM and some decent memory management under the hood. Multitasking for me includes playing music, while gaming or browsing the web. With this phone, I can have several applications running in the background, and I wouldn’t even realize, as the experience remains smooth throughout. A few applications did suffer from a bit of lag and by this, I’m talking about some of the bigger games that use a lot of power, that said they were still playable and enjoyable.
Running the phone through a Geekbench test, gave some pretty good results which are almost on par with some high-end devices released between one to two years ago. For the single-core test, the P Smart scored 941, while in for the multi-core test it scored 3706.
Huawei P Smart Review: Battery
Powering the P Smart is a 3000mAh battery. By today’s standard, this isn’t particularly large but given that the specifications of the phone are modest, anything larger really isn’t necessary. The battery in this phone is capable of providing a full days use as I have learned. For me, a full days use can include phone calls, texting, browsing the web and playing games at moderate levels. I have been able to do all of this with a full battery when I wake up at 6 am and still have in excess of at least 20% by the time I go to bed in the evening, which is often after 11 pm.
A full charge from 0% to 100% takes roughly 1 hour and 45 minutes, which isn’t too bad. There’s no fast charging, which isn’t a big issue for me, but maybe for some. I would have liked to see wireless charging though, given that the phone sports a full metal body.
Huawei P Smart Review: Camera
Low priced smartphones have to suffer somewhere, it’s just how it goes, so it’s no surprise that the P Smart’s dual rear camera setup, is good, but not great. You certainly won’t be using it take any award-winning shots that for sure.
Taking shots outside in the daylight does yield some pretty decent results. With photos being clear and crisp and definitely worthy of sharing with the world, in other words, your family or friends on Facebook. Details are minimal but still noticeable, which makes outdoor shots look pretty nice.
Inside or in low light situations, the quality suffers. Details become less and clarity is lost slightly, even when using the built-in flash as a lighting source. Adding a bit of light from a light bulb or something similar does give slightly better results, but still nothing decent.
The front-facing camera works well for video calls and selfie-taking. It’s not the best and does lack clarity, but if you just like to take silly photos of your face with a dog filter on it, through Snapchat then it’s good enough.
Huawei P Smart Review: Overall
Huawei has really pulled a rabbit out of a ht with this one. It’s an amazing little device that impresses in many areas. Right from the premium design to the premium-like performance, it’s a stunning low-priced device that feels like it should cost just a bit more. That said it does suffer in some places, such as the Emotion U.I and the camera when it comes to taking low light photos. Those two points aside, it has literally become one of my favorite phones.
- Attractive sim free price
- Premium design
- Latest Android version (at time of review)
- Good battery life
- Emotion U.I needs a lot of work
- No wireless charging
- Poor camera, especially in low light situations
Last update on 2023-12-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- CuteHome British Style Retro Mens Canvas Messenger Bag Review
- How To Install The Android O Beta Quickly And Easily
- DBPOWER 720P 1.0 Megapixel Outdoor/Indoor Wireless IP Security Camera Review
- Egoiggo S95X Android TV Box Review: A World Of Entertainment At Your Fingertips
- Xiaomi Redmi 4a Smartphone Review: A Decent Budget Price Smartphone … From China?