The Manfrotto PIXI Mini Tripod is one of Manfrotto’s recent entries into the world of tripods. It has been specifically designed for compact system cameras but will also work with DSLR’s with standard kit lenses, compact cameras and mobile phones using a clamp like this one. It supports all of these, but the total load shouldn’t be any more than one kilogram. It can be purchased directly from Manfrotto at a price of £26.95.
Made from a mixture of plastic and metal, the Manfrotto PIXI Mini Tripod is a solid, very well made bit of kit. Given its low price, the build quality is quite decent and far better than you’d get from any none-branded alternative. The three legs open and close with no issues and are neither too stiff (making them hard to open) or too loose (making them open or close on their own accord). The legs can be set to many different positions, ensuring many different angles and height are possible for your photo shooting.
The ball head can be rotated 360 degrees and also be moved from left to right. It’s securely held in place by a clamp that can be deactivated by pressing the button on the front of the tripod. The button itself is quite stiff, however, this isn’t without reason. The reason for this stiffness is that it prevents any accidental release of the clamp by unintentionally pushing the button.
At the top of the ball head is a standard 1/4inch thread which sits atop of a circular rubberised base used to seat the camera. The ball head itself is made using aluminum and sits within a plastic socket housing.
Setting the Manfrotto PIXI Mini Tripod up is quite easy. There’s no technology required and therefore no real learning process. You simply screw your camera onto the base using the thread. Once done you are ready to go. You can either hold the tripod in your hand with the legs closed and use it as a grip for recording videos or you can open the legs and set the camera down on a surface.
Overall the Manfrotto PIXI Mini Tripod is a great entry into the world of camera tripods. It’s easy to use and is really well made. It is designed mainly with compact system cameras in mind, but can be used for other types as well.
- Features universal smartphone clamp
- Can be used as a tripod or grip
- Pixi can also be used with huge variety of digital devices thanks to standard 1/4 mount
- Package Weight: 0.32 kilograms
- Solid build quality
- Easy to set up
- Supports several types of devices
- Slightly uncomfortable to hold with heavier cameras in place
Last update on 2022-07-07 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- DBPOWER 720P 1.0 Megapixel Outdoor/Indoor Wireless IP Security Camera Review
- Ec Technology Bluetooth Headset Review
- SIMBR Wireless Doorbell Set Review: Hear The Doorbell Even When Your In The Back Garden
- NUOLUX Merry Christmas Bunting Banner Review
- Wonky Hill Miniature Garden Fairy Willow Set Review: A Cute Little Set Perfect For Outside Or Inside