If you’re a Netflix user with a rooted phone smartphone or tablet, then I have some bad news for you. Netflix will no longer work for you, well if you don’t have it installed yet as according to Android Police, the already installed APK still works on their devices.
The company has given a statement to Android Police, in which it says “With our latest 5.0 release, we now fully rely on the Widevine DRM provided by Google; therefore, many devices that are not Google-certified or have been altered will no longer work with our latest app and those users will no longer see the Netflix app in the Play Store.”
Widevine is a Google owned company that offers content protection over multiple platforms to internet video services. It consists of three different security levels, of which rooted Android devices fall into level 3, which is the level for the highest threats.
- Ocase Wallet Style Samsung Galaxy S7 Case Review: A Stylish And Affordable Way To Protect That Expensive Phone
- Crossrace Remote Controlled Rock Crawler Review
- Oasap Men Classic Solid Lace Up Sneakers Review: Are These Cheap Sneaker Any Good ?
- Staresso Manual Coffee Maker Review
- Langria Interlocking Plastic Wardrobe Review