The Indesit Aria DFW 5530 IX Electric Oven is a built-in appliance that sits within a built up housing (not included as this is part of your kitchen cabinets). It’s fan assisted,which means it’s able to circulate the heat, which in turn makes it cook food slightly quicker than a fanless electric oven.
- NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY – With intuitive digital controls and 40 easy-to-follow recipes included, it’s never been easier to air fry, bake, roast, broil and so much more. The included non-stick Grill/Griddle Plate is ideal for grilling indoors all year long using the Bravo XL. And with the precise temperature and time control, fully-adjustable quartz heating elements and fan speeds, just about anyone can cook like a pro.
- UNBEATABLE TEMPERATURE CONTROL – The Bravo XL combines conduction, convection and radiant heat to circulate and penetrate food with cyclonic hot air that ranges between 50°F and 500°F with precise 5°F increments. And the Bravo XL maintains a consistent temperature using the Triac digital switch, which minimizes temperature fluctuations.
- PATENTED DIGITAL TEMPERAURE PROBE – Virtually eliminate the possibility of over or under-cooking by measuring the internal temperature of your food while it cooks. This patented probe will shut off the Bravo once your meat, seafood or poultry reaches a set temperature.
- ONE-TOUCH COOKING – The NuWave Bravo XL includes 12 preset cooking functions for air frying, baking, broiling, roasting, toasting, grilling, dehydrating, reheating, defrosting and making restaurant-quality waffles, pizza and bagels with the single press of a button.
- HIGH-QUALITY CONSTRUCTION – From the brushed stainless steel of the exterior to the heat-resistant tempered glass door to the heavy-duty cooking rack, everything that comes with the NuWave Bravo XL is made with quality in mind.
- Now enjoy guilt free food; Air fry with up to 75 percent less fat than traditional frying methods; Tested against hand cut, deep fried French fries
- Wide temperature range: 105 degree Fahrenheit to 400 degrees Fahrenheit allows you to gently remove moisture from foods or quickly cook and crisp foods with convection heat
- 4 quart ceramic coated nonstick basket and crisper plate fit 2 pounds of french fries. Cord length (feet) - 2.6
- The unit will need time to preheat before coming up to temperature. We recommend that you preheat the unit for 3 minutes before adding your ingredients to achieve the best results
- Dehydrate: Create flat, chip like dehydrated foods for fun, homemade snacks pounds; The combination of low fan speed and low temperature enables thorough dehydration
- 11 precision cooking functions including Air Fry, Bake, Toast, Broil, Roast, Bagel, Dehydrate, Pizza, Reheat, Keep Warm, and Defrost
- Quartz Heat Technology delivers 40% more even heat for superior cooking results and preheats faster (compared to convential tube heating elements)
- Turbo Convection increases air flow circulation for faster and more even cooking (compared to convential ovens)
- Large capacity fits up to a 12" pizza; exterior dimentions: 18.7" x 15.8" x 11.6"; interior dimensions: 12.5" x 13" x 4.47"
- Built-in light allows you to track cooking progress; easy-to-clean interior and removable crumb tray makes cleanup fast and efficient
- Single door pull opens both doors with 1 hand ease and convenience
- Digital controls provide precise cooking time and temperature to take the guesswork out of cooking
- Turbo convection baking technology cooks faster and browns more evenly
- Two racks provide maximum cooking flexibility; This oven control allows you to slowly cook your food at a preset temperature of 150°F for an adjustable time of upto 6 hours
- Extra large interior accommodates 2 16 inches pizzas; Preheat setting gets oven temperature up to where you need for precise cooking
- 1800-Watts with 7 functions: air fry, convection bake, convection broil, bake, broil, Warm, toast
- 0. 6 cubic foot non-stick interior with oven light. Dimensions (L x W x H): 15. 50 x 16. 00 x 14. 00 inches
- Capacity: toast 6 slices of bread, air fry 3lbs of chicken wings, bake a 12-inch pizza or roast a 4 pound chicken
- Adjustable thermostat with 60-minute timer/auto shutoff, toast shade selector-timer.UC Cubic Feet: 3.249 lb
- Includes: oven rack, baking pan, air fryer rack/basket. Mc cubic feet: 3. 390
- Flavor's School (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 333 Pages - 05/21/2021 (Publication Date) - Independently published (Publisher)
- Critically Acclaimed: COSORI Premium Air fryer (Red Dot Award, 2019) features 13 one-touch cooking functions and rapid 360° air circulation to provide crispy results using less oil
- Less Oil: The air fryer uses up to 85% less oil than traditional deep frying methods while maintaining the same delicious taste, making it the perfect gift for family members and friends
- Large Capacity: The air fryer's spacious 5.8-quart square baskets can fit a whole 5-pound chicken. Additionally, the corner spaces provide more cooking footprint and flexibility than round designs. Cook the perfect amount of food for 3–5 people in one go
- 13 Cooking Functions: 11 presets, Preheat, and Keep Warm help you cook meat, veggies, desserts, and more to perfection. Just choose your preset with 1 easy tap and you're ready to cook. You can also set temperature and cook time for personal recipes
- Safe Materials: The removable, nonstick baskets are dishwasher safe, PFOA free, and BPA free. To find additional and replacement accessories for your air fryer, search for C158-6AC and C158-FB
- more than 40 recipes
- English (Publication Language)
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- William, Jenson (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 703 Pages - 12/13/2019 (Publication Date)
- Goodwin, Cecily (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 52 Pages - 02/24/2021 (Publication Date) - Independently published (Publisher)
The design and fit of the Indesit Aria DFW 5530 IX Electric Oven
As I mentioned in the brief introduction, this is a built-in oven that is designed and required to sit in a housing unit, that’s typically part of your kitchen worktop/cabinets. The Indesit Aris DFW 5530 IX Electric Oven is roughly 60 x 60 cm from side to side and top to bottom. The exact dimensions are 595 x 595 x 551 mm (H x W x D), this means it will fit into any 60 cm cabinets that has at least 55 cm of space from the front of the cabinet to the wall behind.
Since it only draws 0.99 kWh it’s safe to have this oven plugged into its own plug socket and this is made official by the fact it comes with a 13A plug attached already. The only issue I have is that the cable running from the oven is quite short , which meant it only just reached the oven plug socket located in the adjacent cabinet.
Since I already had the 60 cm cabinet in place from my previous electric oven and an already wired plug socket, there wasn’t much for me to do, except unfortunately call my landlord and arrange to have the gas pipe running to the hob from behind the oven repositioned as the safety shut off valve was stopping the oven from sitting properly in the cabinet. Luckily my landlord also happens to be a Gas Safe registered gas engineer, so this was, fortunately, no problem for him and as soon as he had repositioned the oven was able to be pushed all the way in and secured with the two provided screws.
Inside the oven, you get a generous 66 liters of useable volume. This means there’s enough room to cook the turkey and then some this Christmas time. One thing I don;t like is that by standard the oven only comes with one cooking rack and a splash tray, this means unless you buy another rack, which fortunately I was able to sort out with Indesit over the phone, you’re limited to only cooking efficiently on one rack, you could use the splash tray but this does add a bit more time to the cooking procedure. There are five different levels for cooking on and each one is marked on each side of the oven so you can easily see what levels you are using.
On the outside are three dials, one set the temperature, one sets the cooking mode and one is the timer. Simply set the two dials as required for your cooking and the oven is ready to go. If you wish to time your cooking to ensure you don’t burn it, the timer can be set to up to 1 hour, although I do personally think the noise it lets out is far too low and doesn’t last long enough at all.
Now for the fun part, that we all hate, the cleaning of the oven, which is very often a tedious, horrible and very messy job thanks to all the different food particles and fat that build up each time you cook something. Like all ovens, this does require a lot of elbow grease and in some cases cleaning agents like Oven pride, but Indesit has added a few little features which aim to make the process that much easier.
The first feature, that I am quite impressed with is the tilting grill feature. The tilting grill is the heating element at the top of the oven, it’s called a tilting grill in the Indesit Aria DFW 5530 IX Electric Oven because it does just that. To clean the roof of the oven you simply look for the tab at the front of the element and pull it towards yourself, which in turn frees the front end of the element from the roof and makes it title down, giving you uninterrupted access to the oven top. I honestly don’t know how I lived without this feature on my old oven as cleaning the roof was also the hardest part.
Then there’s the removable oven door feature that allows you to remove the oven door completely from the oven so that you can easily get inside the oven as well as easily close the door. This process is quite simple to do. You simply open the oven door fully and then lower the catch on each hinge, you then close the door as much as you can before gripping it firmly with both hands and pulling it up as you shut it.
Of course one area that always seems to get greasy and unpleasing to the eye is behind the glass on the door. Thankfully the Indesit Aria DFW 5530 IX Electric Oven has a removable glass panel, which trust me is a life changer when it comes to oven cleaning. This simply lifts out by simultaneously pressing the catch on each side fo the plastic holder, once pressed this holder lifts up and allows you to lift the panel out-of-place. Replacing the glass once clean is also really simple, just ensure you can see the clear R in the left corner of the panel and then sit it back in place and reposition the plastic holder.
Since there’s also a fan in this oven, there an extra part to clean and thankfully this fan sits behind a removable casing that is held onto the back of the oven by three screws. Simply undo these and the cover will come off allowing you to easily clean it as well as access the fan to easily clean that too.
All of these different features make cleaning the Indesit Aria DFW 5530 IX Electric Oven slightly easier than past ovens I have owned. Don’t get me wrong it’s still tedious and one of those jobs you wish you never had to do, but at least Indesit has given the consumer a bit of help here.
So what’s the cooking time like then?
With a top temperature of 250 degrees celsius and five different oven options to choose from, this oven really is quite the functional and reliable tool in the kitchen. The five cooking options are baking, conventional, defrosting, grill and fan assisted cooking. I don’t do defrosting that much so this feature is something I will barely use, but I do a lot of baking and a lot of grilling, which is what I have basically been using the oven for since it came.
I have cooked many different foods inside it, from small child sized pizzas, to large meals like pasta bakes and shepherds pie. I’m not entirely sure if my old oven was on its way out or if this is just so much better as the cooking time of these foods and meals is so much quicker. For example, in my old oven at 160 degrees celsius, a small child-friendly pizza would take roughly 15 minutes to cook, in this one it’s taking 10 minutes, which is a drastic improvement and then there’s the pasta bake, which would usually take 35 minutes in my older oven, but in the Indesit Aria DFW 5530 IX Electric Oven it takes about 25 minutes.
Grilling time isn’t all that bad, although it’s pretty much on par with my old oven. Grilling bacon takes about five minutes, and cheese on toast about 2 to 3 minutes. Of course, just like typical baking, the time taken does depend on the heat you are cooking at.
The Indesit Aria DFW 5530 IX Electric Oven is a fantastic built-in oven that has proven itself to be a fantastic replacement for my previous oven. It has a wide range of features and is a tiny bit easier to clean as well.
Last update on 2021-10-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API