Welcome to my iEpoch Digital LCD Kitchen Probe Thermometer review. We all know the importance of internal temperature when cooking meat, but quite often we never check it and just assume the meat is fine. Well with a number of different thermometers on the market like this one, there’s no reason to risk food poisoning again.
- 【SUPER FAST】Instant Reading Thermometer with backlight features 3.9" food grade stainless steel probe gets temp readout within 3-5 seconds with high precision sensor
- 【ACCURATE READOUT】 Cooking Thermometer with temp range of -58°F ~ 572°F (-50°C ~ 300°C), accurate to ±0.9°F; Perfect for indoor outdoor cooking, grilling, BBQ and so on
- 【EASY TO USE】 Kitchen Thermometer with foldable probe design folds away easily and locks into base for portability; Magnetic back and hook allows for convenient storage
- 【SMART DESIGN】 Digital Meat Thermometer will auto-shut off if readout stays on for 10 minutes; Powered by AAA battery (included); Celsius/Fahrenheit switchable
- 【BACKLIGHT DISPLAY】Grilling thermometer features backlight LCD display to let you see clearly while cooking in the evening, indoors or outdoors
Design and build quality:
This is a probe thermometer, which means you poke through to the center of the meat you are cooking and leave the thermometer sat inside it while it takes a reading. This means at one end is a long stainless steel spike and the other end is an electrical display area that shows you the temperature readings. At each side of this small display are two buttons, which gives it four buttons altogether. These buttons are for things such as turning the device on and off, checking the max/min temperature, holding the reading and switching between units of temperature.
At the very top of the digital area is a removable battery cover. This reveals a LR44 battery that powers the device. This battery comes included with the device.
The build quality is pretty good. The device feels sturdy and all the buttons work as they should. The probe end is made of a thick stainless steel metal and has a slight bendiness to it, although this is nothing too bad and is only noticeable if you try to do it with your hands.
This is rather easy to use, simply turn it on and stick the pointy end into the meat. Now leave it to take the reading. You can set it to read in degrees Celsius or degrees Fahrenheit. You can also tell it to hold a reading and even check the minimum temperature and the maximum temperature of the session.
While it’s very easy to use the instructions aren’t very clear and the translation to English hasn’t gone too well. Though I do doubt you will need them as the thing is pretty straight forward.
As for accuracy, this is quite accurate. I have used it a few times now and recently I used it for cooking Chicken. The readings it gave out were very much the same as the readings from my branded food probe.
Cleaning this is quite easy, just don’t chuck the whole thing in the sink as the top part isn’t waterproof. I simply just dip the probe in warm soapy water with the digital area in my hands as I run a run a sponge up and down it.
This is a brilliant food thermometer that works really well. It’s easy to use and feels well made. The readings are accurate and the only issue I have is the terribly translated manual sheet.
I received this product for free in return for my honest and unbiased review. This has had no effect on my overall opinion of the product.
Last update on 2021-05-07 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API