In a corporate move to reflect how well Xbox has come as a recognizable brand as well as Microsoft’s push to get Xbox on other devices such as smartphones and the Nintendo Switch, the tech giant has given its game development arm a swanky new name, let’s all welcome Xbox Game Studios.
Living under the Xbox Game Studio umbrella are 13 different game development teams (4 of which were purchased by Microsoft last year), all with their own expertise in different game genres. The development teams are listed below.
- 343 Industries
- The Coalition
- Compulsion Games
- The Initiative
- InXile Entertainment
- Ninja Theory
- Obsidian Entertainment
- Playground Games
- Turn 10 Studios
- Undead Labs
- Microsoft Global Publishing Group
All of these teams are working on exciting and new projects from fresh properties to fan favorites such as Forza, Halo and Minecraft.
Speaking on an Inside Xbox live Stream, Microsoft’s Corporate Vice President Matt Booty revealed the name change and had these things to say:
”As we’ve expanded our focus beyond the console, the Xbox brand has also evolved from its original roots,”
“Today, Xbox is our gaming brand across all devices, no matter how or where you want to play, or who you want to play with.”
So there you go, another exciting bit of news from the Microsoft camp, that could mean bigger and better things on their way from the tech giant.
- News: The Moon Is Getting 4G
- SIMBR Wireless Doorbell Set Review: Hear The Doorbell Even When Your In The Back Garden
- Dazhong Portable Wireless Microphone With Built-In Speaker Review
- Futura 2.5KW Black Oil Filled Radiator Heater Review: Efficient And Easy To Use
- AMZ Deal Six Slot Watch Box Review: A Great Way To Keep Watches Safe And Make Them Into Great Display Pieces