Welcome to my Globmall T95X Android TV Box Review. Despite all the recent bad press about so-called ‘Kodi Boxes’ (So called because they are actually Android boxes), there are still quite a lot for sale over at Amazon, such as this one. Just because the press gives these boxes a bad time, doesn’t mean you should feel threatened about buying one, after all, you can run plenty of pay for services like Netflix or TV player on one of these things as well as many free catch-up services like iPlayer and 4OD, even Kodi itself is perfectly legal. Anyway enough of that and onto the review.
Globmall T95X Android TV Box Review: Features, Specifications And Performance
- Original from Globmall with newest chip Amlogic S905X, Android 6.0 Lollipop OS, T95X could run many games, play unlimited movies, TV shows, music without freezing and buffering, ultra-fast speed to process your data and commands.
- Unique Brand new HDMI cable 17+1 unlike other 15+1, this would support true 4K playing(60hz); Globmall Safe adapter with power magnet: It can help suppress rush current efficiently so that static electricity is released slowly.
- It runs faster than Amlogic S905 and supports HDR10 and HLG HDR processing. Globmall T95X Android TV BOX utilizes the latest version EMMC memory that enables faster read & write speed and makes the TV BOX run more stable and smooth.
- The CPU is Amlogic S905X Quad Core ARM Cortex-A53 CPU up to 2GHz(DVFS), which is way ahead in image processing and computing. Its high machine configuration gives you ultra-fast running speed and professional image processing ability. With the built-in HD 2.0b transmitter and supports HDR10 and HLG HDR processing, make sure you can enjoy 4Kx2K movies.
- 1 Year Warranty: You can play thousands of Android games on a large screen smoothly. Install your favorite apps and enjoy advanced technology. This tv box is backed by an 1 year Globmall warranty. Anytime you have a question during usage, please contact us, our technical team provides you professional problem-address solutions.
OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
CPU: 64 Bits Amlogic S905X 4 Core Cortex-A53@2.0GHz
GPU: Penta-Core Mali-450 with HDMI 2.0 output
SDRAM: 1GB DDR4
Flash: 8GB Nand Flash
Card reader: TF cards
USB host: 2 High-speed USB, Support USB DISK and USB HDD
HDMI: HDMI 2.0
Power Supply: DC 5V/2A
LAN Ethernet: Up to 100M
While the specifications mentioned above, aren’t exactly anything to be amazed by, they do a wonderful job of ensuring the box runs well once you get it. Try not to over do it though because the low amount of RAM does mean it can come to a slow pace. Luckily I only use the box for TV purposes so it works quite well for me.
Despite only using the box for TV purposes I have tested it with a few games directly from the Play Store. The games I have tested include Bluetooth Android controller support since this is the best way to play games through a TV box. One such game was GTA: San Andreas, which worked surprisingly well and lacked any issues.
The U.I of this box is rather nice and simple and it’s pretty easy to navigate. All text is clear to read and all icons are just right. The settings menu is quite easy to navigate too as everything is laid out in a tidy manner.
I use the box mainly for watching programs through an application called TV Player, which is an application that provides you with most basic Freeview channels and for only £5.99 a month gets you premium channels too such as Comedy Central and Cartoon Network. the box works really well with this application and I can watch channels with no issues at all. The same can also be said about catch-up services such as the Iplayer.
Globmall T95X Android TV Box Review: Design
The first thing to strike me about the design of this box is its size. With dimensions of 9.5 x 1.7 x 9.2 cm, it really isn’t a very big box at all. I can sit it in the palm of my hand with only a slight corner overlapping the edge of my hand. Despite the small size the box still has enough room for two USB ports, a MicroSD slot, a HDMI out port, an AUX out port, an Ethernet port and lastly a DC in port.
The ports are located on the back, while one of the USB ports is located is on the right side as well as the MicroSD slot. At the front of the box behind the plastic casing is a LED light, which lights up red when the box is in standby and blue when it’s in use.
Let’s not forget the remote, or rather let’s forget the remote. As is fashion with most Android TV boxes, this comes shipped with a rather boring and rather awful controller. The thing is when you get an Android TV box, you want an experience that’s almost as easy as an Android smart phone, minus the touchscreen. Stick with the stock control and that’s something you won’t get at all.
The control offers nothing more than a typical TV remote, other than a mouse option, which itself is nothing more than using the arrows to move a cursor around the screen, this is a horrible task and is nothing like using a real mouse. Luckily the inclusion of two USB ports on the box gives you the option to use a keyboard and mouse or even a better controller that’s made for TV boxes. I’m currently using a Skystream remote that has a keyboard on one side a typical remote design on the other side and features such a proper built-in air mouse and a microphone. Something like this is a much better control for any Android TV box.
Globmall T95X Android TV Box Review: Overall
The T95X is a worthy little contender in the world of Android TV boxes. It has a nice wallet friendly price and good enough specifications for playing some games while offering a fantastic TV viewing experience. If you’re after a cheap little Android TV box that just works, this could be the one for you.
- NEWEST Android 10.0 OS:Android 10.0 OS TV Box updated from Android 8.1, heavily tested for 3 months,With the more efficient and faster Android 10.0 OS, it has a better compatibility of software, better games and applications, and a better user experience.
- 4GB RAM+64GB ROM:Newest android 10.0 OS TV Box comes with upgraded 4GB/64GB high-speed flash memory which makes possess the double storage performance.4G RAM+64G ROM extended capacity allow you more space to download your favorite movies.It's your best choice if your budget is adequate.
- 3D+4K & H.265& USB 3.0&BT 4.1:Support 4K x 2K up to 60fps.The high machine configuration provides users a better experience of ultra-fast running speed and professional image processing ability.H.265 Hardware decoding can save 50% of bandwidth resources.USB 3.0 is many times faster than USB 2.0.It can transfer large capacity files at storage rates defined by storage devices,And the BT 4.1 allow you use mini keyboard and headset to enjoy the box.
- More Convenient Operate:Android 10.0 OS TV Box is connected through an HDMI cable. Two USB port, connect with your mouse and keyboard to help you operate more convenient. Infrared Remote control ensure you enjoy your wonderful life which the wireless brings to you.Choose rooms as close to WiFi as possible!
- What You Get:1*TV BOX,1*IF Remote Control,1* Mini Keyboard,1*HDMI Cable,1*User Manual,1*US power supply ,and our professional after-sales team.Please do not hesitate to contact Cosycost seller if you have any question or concern,we will fix your issue within 24 hours.(AAA dry battery not included)
Last update on 2020-09-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API