The Elephas 1200 lumens LED mini portable projector is designed to be a portable projector that you can easily carry around with you for the likes of a portable theater or an office meeting projector. It’s not the smallest mini projector ever but it’s still portable.
A few bits of information about the Elephas 1200 Lumens LED Mini Portable Projector
Please note the following five statements are taken directly from the product page on Amazon. This is meant for information only and will not be used for the final scoring of the product.
- ► COMPACT & PORTABLE DESIGN ◄ — Elephas Mini Video Projector is small size and light weight can be taken to anywhere you want conveniently. Simple operation to enjoy a large screen projection. This video projector is Ideal for Home Entertainment such as: Movie Time, Family Gathering, Sports Events, TV Series, Parties and Video Games. It is also a nice festival presents for kids and friends.
- ► EXCELLENT PICTURE QUALITY ◄ — You can adjust the picture size from 50″ ~ 130″ (Best for 100″). Projection distance from 4.95 ~ 13.12 ft (Best for 7.2 ft). 800 x 480 native resolution with a contrast of 1000:1. A darker place with high reflective surface, a better home entertainment experience.
- ► MULTIMEDIA CONNECTION ◄ — Built-in speaker, provide AV / VGA / USB / SD / HDMI interface. You may connect to DVD / PS3 / Xbox / TV box via HDMI input; Connect to PC via VGA jack; Hook up to headphone / outer speakers via Audio port; Insert U-disk / hard disk device into USB slot. AV and HDMI cables are included in this package.
- ► ENERGY CONSERVATION ◄ — This Elephas LED Projector is 1200 Lumens. Low Power Consumption, Durable and Energy Saving – Adopted latest smart ECO Lamp care technology, the LED bulb inside can save energy up to 70%, long-lasting Lamp life (30000 Hours). To maintain a long working life, we kindly suggest that you can have a break after 3~4 hours using.
- ► ELEPHAS EXCLUSIVE WARRANTY ◄ — ELEPHAS provides Hassle-free 12 months warranty. Premium Customer Services and Lifetime Technical Supports. Comes with UK certified power adapter. Absolutely RISK-FREE purchase for you.
Elephas 1200 Lumens LED Mini Portable Projector design
The Elephas 1200 lumen LED mini portable projector looks very much generic in terms of design. It has a basic rectangular shape with a base that sticks out slightly at the bottom to allow for easier seating of the projector.
White it the main color used for this projector. The paint is a dull effect paint for the most part but the front panel is finished with a gloss like paint and even has a nice rainbow stripe painted on it.
On the top of it are several buttons such as the power button, volume adjustment buttons, source button and ok button. With the exception of the power button, which is finished with the same white paint as the rest of protector, the buttons are finished with a slightly dull chrome effect.
Down the left-hand side if looking from behind the projector are 6 different ports. Two are USB ports (one of which is a 5V port, which can be used for things like the Amazon T.V fire stick), one is a HDMI in port, one is a 3.5mm audio port, one is an AV port and the last one is an SD card slot. The back of the projector is home to an infrared receiver for the remote, a VGA in connection for computers and lastly a plug connection. This is a fantastic selection of ports as it means you have many ways to use the projector. You can plug it into a games console (I have been using it with an Xbox One), connect it to a PC/laptop and even play videos you have stored on a USB device or an SD card. For the small amount of money you pay for this, it certainly does offer a lot in terms of connection options.
Also present but not really visible are the speaker grills, which are hidden inside the air vent area. I must say, though, that while built-in stereo speakers are brilliant at this price, I would advise you connect a portable speaker using the 3.5mm audio jack, as the speakers in this aren’t very good. They’re loud but also suffer from distortion, when trying to take advantage of this loudness.
Around the front of the lens is the focus adjustment dial, and just behind but separated is a keystone adjustment dial for setting the angle of the display on the wall or board surface. There’s an adjustable leg for raising and lowering the projector but should need it higher than what this leg allows, there’s a tripod mount hole on the base of it.
Elephas 1200 Lumens LED Mini Portable Projector in action
With a native resolution of only 800 x 480, this isn’t going to blow you away as I learned. It can scale up to 1920 x 1080 which we all know as full HD, however since it’s not the native resolution the quality is not as good as a full HD TV. Projected onto my magnolia colored wall, the results do come out better than expected and with the curtains closed and lights off the projected video of games on my Xbox one looks fantastic. There are some small issues like white text still being a tiny bit blurry, even with the focus adjusted properly and also I just can’t seem to get the keystone 100% right, but this is more noticeable if I use the projector with my projector screen down.
The built-in speaker is a nice feature and good to have, but in all honesty, I would stick to a portable speaker connected via the 3.5mm audio jack. The speakers inside the projector do get quite loud but also present a lot of distortion, which means they only really work there best at moderate volumes levels, which is no good if you’re with your mates trying to watch a movie.
When turned on, the Elephas 1200 lumens LED mini portable projector is surprisingly silent, despite having a fan for cooling purposes. You just can’t hear it at all, which is fantastic in my opinion. Check out the video below to see the projector in action with my Xbox One.
The Elephas 1200 lumens LED mini portable projector may not be the best projector out there, but for the price (£61.99 at the time of this review), it does offer a lot of bang for your pounds or bucks. The vast amount of connection options is brilliant and the small size of it makes it easy to carry to the office for important presentations and to and from houses for a mates night in.
- Cewaal 3D Virtual Reality Headset Review
- AGPtek Folding Carbon Fiber Trekking Pole Review: A Strong Foldable Hiking Pole
- Conambo Active Noise Canceling Headphones Review
- Top Race 12 Channel Remote Control Crane Review: A Fun Crane, That May Just Be A Great Christmas Present
- Koiiko Voice Controlled RC Car Review: An RC Car With A Difference