Welcome to our Edifier R2000DB Multimedia Speakers review. Edifier has been producing premium speakers for quite a long time now and with each release, their knowledge of decent audio is clear to see. That statement remains with the R2000DB, one of Edifier’s premium multimedia speaker setups.
Listed below are bestselling Edifier R2000DB which satisfy both affordability and quality.
- TOTAL POWER OUTPUT:RMS 24W × 2 + 36 W × 2
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE:55Hz-20KHz(±3db)
- CHANNEL SEPARATION:≥45dB
- TWEETER UNIT:Φ25mm Ru-Fe-B silk dome，6Ω
- FULL RANGE UNIT:5″ alloy，4Ω
- DIMENSON:9.5in x 11.25in x 7.5in (WxHxD)
- CONNECTION CABLE5M/16.4FT
There’s no denying that Edifier designs some really nice speakers that manage to look fantastic wherever they’re placed. The R2000DB is one of their best looking speaker sets yet. The set has the sloped design seen on some of their other premium speaker sets which isn’t just there for good looks, it’s also there to aid the sound directly to your ears.
At the front of each speaker, you’ll find one 25mm tweeter and one 5-inch bass driver to really get the sound pumping. Add in a bass port around the back of each speaker and these babies are capable of firing out 24W RMS each.
The right speaker is home to the input/control panel which can be found located on the back. On this panel, you’ll find two sets of phono sockets for line-in inputs and an optical port for digital input. Also present are the volume, bass and treble control knobs. As is the case with most of Edifier’s speakers, the volume knob can be pushed to act as a mode selection button. Lastly, you’ll find the plug and the output jack to the left speaker.
While the left speaker really doesn’t have much going on, it does have its own amplifier built-in. This means the cable that connects the right and left speaker is a DIN-type cable, which is required to supply power to the amplifier. Unfortunately, this type of cable does mean it may be harder or more expensive if you’d prefer a bigger space between the speakers for whatever reason.
Both speakers feature a removable mesh fabric front cover. Leaving this on gives the speakers a minimalistic look which doesn’t look too bad, but removing them gives them a badass look with the gorgeous looking drivers on display.
Edifier has included a remote control with the set. It’s one of their small rectangular remotes with two vertically aligned sets of buttons side by side. The remote allows you to adjust the volume, change the input mode, change track and put the set into standby mode.
The R2000DB’s Bluetooth connection is rather easy to set up and very reliable when in action. Set up takes no time at all and is very easy, while the connection is stable with no issues as long as you’re within the working range. I’ve had no issues what so ever, even when taking my phone into another room while playing music from the speakers situated in the front room.
In true Edifier style, this set delivers excellent sound through its various input choices. Sound is rich and detailed with no skipped beats and very clear lyrics. At higher volumes, the set remains distortion-free for a wonderful listening experience.
- BLUETOOTH CONNECTION - Pair your phone, tablet or computer for a true hassle free wireless experience, perfect for any iOS, Android, MacOS or Windows device.
- OPTICAL INPUT - Enjoy lossless digital connection from your TV, TV Box, DVD/blu-ray player, receiver, HTPC, computer or gaming consoles such as Xbox and Playstation.
- 2 x AUX INPUT - Convenient connection to any device that has a 3.5mm headphone output or dual RCA output. Connect to two devices via AUX at the same time, no plugging and switching needed.
- REMOTE CONTROL - switch input sources, control volume and choose digital sound processing (DSP) modes at your figure tips.
- 2 YEAR WARRANTY - Guaranteed high quality and reliability with hassle-free parts and labor warranty for two years in USA and Canada.
The adjustable bass and treble make it possible to set these speakers up to something that suits your taste. I prefer to have them set to the middle of the dial as they deliver a wonderful balance of both bass and treble like this.
In conclusion, the R2000DB’s are yet another shining example from Edifier. They look great, are easy to set up, and just as easy to use. The sound quality is amazing with nothing for me to really complain about.
Last update on 2020-07-09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API