The Edifier Cinesound B3 Soundbar combines an elegant style with an audio setup that aims to deliver an amazing audio experience when combined with your home theatre setup. It features Bluetooth connectivity and optical input amongst other things.
I can’t get over just how gorgeous the Edifier Cinesound B3 Soundbar looks. It has an almost triangular shape with slightly rounded off edges to stop it looking like a long pyramid. This shape choice makes it look really nice and ensures it looks good both below and above the T.V set.
At each side is a brushed metal panel complete with a chamfered edge, which looks quite appealing and adds a premium look to the B3. The right side panel is home to four buttons. The plus and minus buttons are used for controlling the volume or skipping tracks if using the speaker for a personal audio device, while the arrow button is used to cycle through the different input modes and the standby button is used to switch between standby and on.
The soft fabric front panel is removable if you don’t mind seeing the setup that creates the audio. That said, I feel this looks more elegant with the panel in place. There’s also a small LED light that can be seen through this panel. This light not only tells you when the B3 is on, it also serves as a method of informing the user which input mode is in use. A red light means that you are using coaxial or optical mode, a green light indicates you are in line in mode or auxiliary mode and lastly a blue light indicates that you are in Bluetooth mode.
Around the back of the Edifier Cinesound B3 Soundbar is a recessed panel that is home to the connection ports. This recessed panel gives you plenty of room to ensure cables can fit without pushing against a wall (if you have the soundbar wall mounted). The included ports are optical, coaxial, RCA, AUX and a subwoofer port. Also present here is the built-in plug cable.
Should you want to wall mount the B3, Edifier has included a very simple wall mount in the package. A few screws will secure this into place and then the soundbar simply slots onto it. I haven’t used the wall mount yet, but feel I will do when I get a new TV.
The Edifier Cinesound B3 Soundbar measures roughly 1 meter in length. This makes it slightly longer than my current 32-inch T.V, but none the less it still looks quite good underneath it, while sat on top of the entertainment cabinet.
A remote control also comes included in the package. This means you don’t just have to rely on those side panel buttons I mentioned earlier. There are 12 buttons in total and they all offer different functions, as you’d expect. There’s volume buttons, buttons for choosing different inputs, buttons for selecting different presets and of course a standby button.
The audio produced by the Edifier Cinesound B3 Soundbar is amazing, no matter what you use it for. I have used it for movies, listening to music and even playing Xbox One games, and have found it to provide well-balanced sound with no real issues occurring anywhere. The bass is slightly limited but not as bad as I thought it might be, given my experience with other soundbars in the past. If you do want some extra bass, the B3 does come with a subwoofer out port.
There’s no noticeable distortion either, so even using it at its highest volume provides an excellent audio experience that is both smooth and enjoyable. Even switching the soundbar between the different input modes is smooth with hissing noises to be heard.
Edifier has done it again with the Edifier Cinesound B3 Soundbar. They have created a listening experience with very few flaws to be seen or heard. The styling is minimal yet gorgeous and the audio produced is brilliant, even if the bass is slightly limited. Overall a very pleasing soundbar from a company that knows how to make decent audio products.
- Stylish design
- Great audio
- Wall mount included
- Several different connection options
- Slightly limited bass on its own
- FIRE TV EDITION: Nebula Soundbar – Fire TV Edition brings cinematic sound and powerful streaming to any TV by combining a 2.1 channel soundbar with a Fire TV 4K streaming media player built-in. No additional Fire TV streaming device needed.
- BIG SOUND: A 2.1 channel design immerses you in moment by combining 2 speakers and 2 subwoofers to create 100W of room-filling cinematic sound.
- 4K HDR SUPPORT: Enjoy breathtaking picture quality with access to 4K Ultra HD streaming at up to 60fps, Dolby Vision, HDR, and HDR10+. A 4K TV is required to access 4K streaming.
- ENDLESS ENTERTAINMENT: With a Fire TV 4K streaming media player built-in, choose from over 500,000 movies and TV episodes. Enjoy favorites from Netflix, YouTube, Prime Video, STARZ, SHOWTIME, CBS All Access, and more. Subscriptions fees may apply.
- VOICE REMOTE WITH ALEXA: Use the included Voice Remote with Alexa to control your soundbar and compatible TV functions like power, volume, navigation, and playback. Press the microphone button and ask Alexa to find your favorite content.
Last update on 2021-07-31 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API