Welcome to my DBPower EX5000 WiFi review. This was kindly provided by DBPower in return for my honest and unbiased review.
- Application 1: Yellow Hand Grip Floating Mount + Screw. Floating holder is designed to keep your camera with a waterproof shell (not included) easy to float on the water. Bright yellow in the water and can easily be found
- Application 2: Handheld Monopod + Tripod Mount Adapter + Screw. Adjustable ball head and thumb screw locks for multiple angle shooting with 180 degree position
- Application 3: Suction Cup Mount + Tripod Mount Adapter + Screw. The suction cup mount hold the GoPro steady, easy to attach and remove. it allows us to adjust your waterproof camera to many different angle.For maximum suction strength, please attach it to a clean surface.It maybe better to use the camera frame mount instead of waterproof case to link our suction cup,it can avoid too heavy to make your camera drop off.
- Kit Includes: 1x Handheld Monopod ; 1x Suction Cup Mount ; 1x Yellow Hand Grip Floating Mount ; 2x Tripod Mount Adapter ; 3x Screws
- Compatible with GoPro HERO 1 2 3 4 5 6 7, AKASO EK5000 EK7000 4K,AKASO Brave 4 6,YI 4K ,Wimius,DBPOWER EX5000 EX7000,APEMAN,Vtin,ODRVM, Campark,SOOCOO 4K, Victure,Pictek, Crosstour 4k, VanTop Moment 4 4K Sport Action Camera and so on.
Product features: (Taken from Amazon Product Listing)
- 1. Improved Great 2.0 inch LCD Display Screen to view real-time HD pictures and videos
- 2. Improved 14MP Panasonic CMOS Sensor with 170 wide-angle Lens
- 3. Double Improved rechargeable batteries, double recording time and double enjoyment.
- 4. Supports TF card up to 32GB: 8 hours videos in 720p or 5 hours in 1080p
- 5. Built-In WIFI: Just download App on your phone or tablet and connect with action camera. Then operate or review the images or videos via Android or iOS devices.
In the box:
One thing you will immediately notice is just how many accessories this camera comes with. There is literally an accessory that helps you sue the camera for whatever sort of sport or fitness activity you want. In the package you get:
- 1 X EX5000 Camera
- 1 X Waterproof case
- 1 X Waterproof case clip
- 1 X Helmet mount
- 1 X Bi-cycle handle bar mount
- 1 X Multi-function clip
- 1 X Belt clip
- 1 X Wiping cloth
- 1 X Micro USB cable
- 1 X User manual
- 2 X 3M pads
- 2 X batteries
- 3 X clip belts
The camera itself (Excluding any of the accessories) is actually quite small and when I say small, I mean smaller than a credit card in both height and length. The size of this camera makes it perfect for sporting and fitness activities.
Along the top of the camera is a small LED light and a button that is labelled as ‘OK’. This button is used for capturing in both video mode and photo mode, it is also used for making selections in the cameras menu system. Along the bottom of the camera is a battery cover that opens by using a small battery lock switch located next to the cover. This camera actually comes packaged with two batteries, so if you are out recording and one battery dies you can switch to the second to get more footage.
Down the left-hand side of the camera (whilst the user is facing the screen) are a microphone, the Micro USB port, the Micro SD card slot and a mini-HDMI port for connecting the camera to a HDMI enabled TV or monitor. Down the right-hand side (again while the user is facing the screen are a speaker, an up button and a down button.
At the front of the camera are the lens and a button that is both the power button and mode selection button. Whilst switched off simply push this button to turn the camera on. When turned on a push of the button will allow you to choose between different modes. A long push of the button will turn the camera off. Around the back of the camera (the user end) is a nicely sized 2.0″ HD LCD display which you can use for various operations. To the left-hand side of the screen are two LED lights.
When in the Waterproof case, the buttons are replaced by metal buttons which you simply push to connect with the buttons on the camera. These buttons are spring-loaded and react well to each push. The cover locks using a clip system.
I have so far used this camera for walking. I had it attached to my belt and with a bit of adjustment, the camera stayed stable and was able to pick up a great little movie of my walk. At first, the camera was set to do videos in three-minute cycles, but this was easy to turn off in the camera’s settings menu. Getting the camera set up for your particular activity is easy, thanks to the detailed images in the instruction manual.
This camera is capable of picking up video in both 720p and 1080p. I have so far recorded in 720p and I am greatly impressed with the finished quality when viewing on my desktop PC and through my HD TV. You can really see just how high the quality of the videos are. Still images can be captured using a choice of 8, 10, 12 0r 14 mega-pixels. My first still image captured was a 12 mega-pixel image. The still images were ok as well. Check out this sample video I took while walking. It shows you just how good the quality is:
The settings user interface for this camera is pretty clean and easy to use. To get to the settings menu, you simply press the mode button until you get to the setup menu. The setup menu has 6 screens and each screen is clearly labelled with its screen number at the bottom (eg. 1 of 6 etc…). Using the up and down buttons on the right-hand side of the device to navigate the settings is quite simple and once you find the setting you are interested in simply push the OK button to open that settings sub menu.
This camera also has built-in WiFi, which is used to allow you to stream the content the lens is picking up to a PC, smartphone or tablet device using an app such as FinalCam. This allows the external device to be used as a screen so that you can see how your recording is going. For example, if you have the camera on your helmet, you obviously can’t see the screen of the camera, but on your phone, which might be in a holder on your handle bars you can get a full display beamed from the camera. I have tested this feature and it worked very well.
A great camera at half the price of major competitors. It has great video quality, a wide arrangement of accessories in the box, a great build quality and an amazingly low price of only £68.99 (at the time of this review).
Last update on 2021-03-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- GVDV USB Rechargeable Bike Light Set Review
- Z 01 Audio Solo PP Bluetooth Speaker Review
- Senchanting Zip Sports Bra Review: Comfort For The Woman On The Go
- Ms W Electric Callus Remover Review: A Two In One Callus Remover And Nail Polisher
- AUVI Neckband Bluetooth Earphones Review: Good Earphones, With Room For Some Improvement