Welcome to my Casa Bonita 10 Piece Silicone Cooking Set review. While most of the utensil you have in your kitchen are probably a typical silver color, these ones are different. These are colored differently, to bring an element of fun into most kitchens.
Design and build quality:
This kitchen set consists of ten different common kitchen utensils. The differences these have in comparison to standard common utensils is the material used and the color scheme. With the exception of the tongs and the whisk, each one is made of a strong a strong, high heat-resistant BPA-free silicone. The tongs have a metal handle and use the same high heat-resistant BPA-free silicone while the whisk has a metal handle and similar BPA-free plastic.
Not only is the material used quite different but the color scheme is as well. Instead of just plain boring silver as found on my utensils, this set consists of different colors. Each of the utensils has its own color, which I have listed below.
- The whisk has a silver handle while the bottom whisk area which is in the style of a balloon whisk is colored with several different colors.
- The tongs have a silver handle with light blue silicone tips and a light blue grabbing end. They also have a locking mechanism to keep them locked when not in use.
- The pastry brush is 100% silicone and is colored in light pink.
- The ladle is 100% silicone and has been colored orange.
- The spatula is constructed of 100% silicone and has been finished with a purple coloring.
- The small spoon is colored red and is also 100% silicone.
- The leaking spoon has a dark pink color and of course, is silicone.
- The small spatula is a strong shade of light blue and completely made of silicone.
- The butter spatula is finished with a green colored silicone.
- The soup spoon is yellow and yes like the other eight before it is made of silicone.
The 100% silicone utensils all feel extremely well made and are of course very strong. They have a heat resistance of up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit, which means they aren’t likely to melt as you use them. The whisk does feel a little stranger and the light handle does feel a bit cheap, but none the less the quality is good enough and that goes for the tongs as well.
I have used all of these utensils since receiving them, obviously not all at the same time, but you get the picture. I have to say I am quite impressed with each one. They all work as expected and I really can’t fault them.
They are also really easy to clean. Simply use warm soapy water as you would for a majority of different food related items. Once done they can either be put in a drawer or hung up as they have hanging holes.
This really is an impressive set of cooking utensils. the build quality is quite good and the choice of colors is fantastic. They all work as they should and are very easy to clean.
I received this product for free in return for my honest and unbiased review. This has had no effect on my overall opinion of the product.