This 3D VR all in one virtual reality headset by Bestface is much different to the cheap VR headsets you will see on the internet, that often require the headset and a separate mobile phone to operate. This one essentially has the mobile technology built-in and runs a customized version of Android.
Listed below are bestselling BestFace 3D VR which satisfy both affordability and quality.
A word of warning before I start the review
I feel it’s important I say this here and now. There are a few reports that the supplied plug has blown in people’s plug sockets. Therefore I suggest that you immediately get rid of the supplied plug if you decide to buy this. I binned it instantly and have only ever charged the headset using the USB lead connected to my PC and have had no issues at all. I shouldn’t have to mention this but it appears the seller is trying to turn a blind eye to the issue, which could prove to be deadly as it could start a fire, particularly if left unattended.
BestFace 3D VR All in One Virtual Reality Headset design
At first glance, this looks a lot like one of the typical VR headsets that require an additional phone to use, but in reality, it’s not. Everything is built-in to this, there’s no smartphone required at all. Of course, this does mean there’s a lot of weight to this thing and that can be a slight problem since the thing is to be worn on your head. While there is a nice soft yet thick padding that runs around the eyes and the bottom of the nose, the overall comfort of the headset could be a lot better.
It sits on the head using a three point detachable strap. The strap isn’t adjustable in the traditional way, instead, it uses elastic to automatically adjust to the size of the head, There is actually a way to kind of manually adjust it and this is by adjusting the hook and loop fasteners that connect the headset and strap together, this makes it easier to fit the headset on smaller heads.
The exterior of the Bestface 3D VR all in one virtual reality headset is home to a few ports and some buttons. Along the bottom of it are two sets of buttons laid out in a circular fashion. Each set consists of five buttons. One set is on the left and the other is on the right. The right-hand side buttons are the navigation buttons with the ok button in the middle. On the left-hand side are buttons with different functions such as powering the headset on and off, adjusting the volume, going back and a button that opens some quick settings options. The buttons are responsive and work really well, although it does take some time getting used to their positions as you can’t see them with the headset on.
Also, present on the bottom of the headset are three ports. There’s a microUSB port for charging the headset, an HDMI port from connecting it to VR ready devices like PC’s and a 3.5mm audio jack so you can connect headphones or speakers to it. At the top of the headset are a micro SD slot and a tiny microphone.
BestFace 3D VR All in One Virtual Reality Headset specifications
When it comes to specifications this headset is nowhere near as powerful as something like a Galaxy S7, but it’s got enough power to do things like play VR games and watch movies amongst other things. Below is the specifications list taken from the Amazon product listing.
CPU: RK3288 quad-core CPU cortex A17 1.5GHZ
GPU: MALI T764
Run memory: 2GB DDR3
System: Android 5.1
Built-in storage space: 16GB
WI-FI: 2.4G 802.11B/G/N
Bluetooth: BT4.0 version
Operating System: NIBIRU
Display: 5 inch TFT
Resolution: 1920 * 1080
Color gamut: ≥72% NTSC
Screen refresh rate: 60HZ
Contrast: 1000: 1
Lens diameter: 45MM
Lens material: high permeability, optical resin
Optical effect: 500 degrees of myopia crowd watch the naked eye
FOV: ≥90 °
Video parameters: MPEG2, H.264, H.265, AVI, MP4, RM, RMVB, etc.
Games Software: compatible with most Android Games
Headset: 3.5MM standard interface
Battery: 4000MAH lithium polymer battery
TF card: supports up to 64GB
APP supports: NIBIRU customization system, compatible with Android app
Interface: MINI HDMI input, TF card slot, 3.5MM headphone jack
Net weight: 550g
So as you can see it’s a fairly mid-range specification list with nothing too exciting, but given that this is a VR headset, the specifications are good enough for its needs. Of course, it comes nowhere near the likes of the HTC Vive or the PS VR system, but for a stand-alone device, the specifications are good enough.
It comes with a heavily skinned version of Android 5.1 by the name of Nibiru, which is a VR-focused skin for Android. Everything is set out in a way that makes you move your head left and right, up and down as a navigational tool. This works with all sorts of things like games and movies. There are a few things that are a pain to do such as using the VR keyboard to type, of course, you can also use the navigational buttons on the bottom of the headset but these are also very tedious. Luckily it is possible to hook up a Bluetooth gamepad or keyboard thanks to the built-in Bluetooth. For more information on Nibiru, click this link.
Since this is Android it only makes sense for the developers to also include Google Play services, which thankfully they have. This means the BestFace 3D VR all in one virtual reality headset has access to the large library of applications, movies and games offered by the Google Play store. There are plenty of things to choose from but the most interesting things are obviously the VR applications of which there are many different ones. Some are like games and some are like viral marketing videos, but they all still work very well and look amazing on the 5-inch display.
Watching movies is also great and quite possibly the best thing about this headset as it actually allows you to watch 3D movies aswell as 2D movies. This makes it great for those nights in bed. Simply get your favorite 3D or 2D movie on here, plug-in some earphones and your good to go. I have used it to watch a few of my favorite movies and the experience each time has been fantastic.
I do have to say it’s a slight shame that there’s no camera on the BestFace 3D VR all in one virtual reality headset as it would be awesome to use it as a way to walk around without lifting the thing off every time you need to move.
Unfortunately, It’s quite hard to provide any photos of the UI and I haven’t figured out how to screenshot on this so instead I have taken a photo from the product listing to give you a rough idea instead.
The BestFace 3D VR all in one virtual reality headset is a fantastic bit of kit, but it is let down in a few areas such as comfort and the fact it comes with a dangerous plug, which I stress you must get rid of as soon as you open it. Just charge it plugged into a computer USB socket. If you buy the product after reading this you understand the risk clearly and I can’t be held responsible, so please head that warning. In the meantime, I hope the seller will do their best to sort this issue out, instead of turning a blind eye to it.
Check it out here
Please be aware that the following link is an affiliate link. If you make a purchase after clicking this link, Amazon will pay me a small commission fee directly from their pocket, which is in turn used to fund the everyday running of this site.
- Lots of fun
- Great for games but even better for movies
- No phone required
- The plug issue needs addressing
- Not very comfortable
- Horrible to use virtual keyboard
- ✅ Perfect gift for kids & adults – Premium VR set present for father's day, Halloween, Easter, Christmas, Black Friday, Cyber Monday sale. Virtual reality VR glasses for kids. Compatible with smartphones and other mobile phone devices with a 4"-6.3” screen to bring you a totally immersive visual 360 experience. with an eBook
- ✅ VR Smartphone compatibility: Smartphones with a gyro sensor (almost all models) and with a 4"-6.3” screen. Examples: VR goggles are compatible with models X, XR, XS, 8, 8 plus, 9, 9 plus, 11, 11 pro, 12 mini, 12 pro, SE, etc. Also compatible with Samsung Android Galaxy note 20, s20, one plus, Box VR, Google Pixel etc.
- ✅ Advanced VR gaming technology - Gaming and watching movies with virtual reality headsets work best when your eyes properly align with the screen box. That’s why our VR headset offers FD and OD adjustments (wide FOV) to expand the viewing angle and perfectly match focal distance and unilateral myopic alignment for reduced distortion
- ✅ Comfortable, extended wear design – Once you start gaming and watching VR movies with 3D goggles, you’re never going to want to take it off. That’s why we offer a comfort-fit experience with a fully adjustable head strap, eyesight protection system, and a soft nose piece to reduce pressure. Can also support drones that require a phone VR headset
- Exclusive VR content & online support – The VR headset (viewer) is delivered with our special free VR content list of VR games & VR experiences. Compatible with google cardboard apps that DON'T require a button (some of them), and many other VR apps & adventures that can be found on the Applications Stores. Para gafas de realidad virtual.
Last update on 2021-10-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- Ohuhu 4M Agility Ladder Speed Ladder Review: A Simple And Easy Way To Do Agility Training
- Ec Technology Bluetooth Headset Review
- TeckNet 3.5mm Stereo Surround Sound Gaming Headset Review
- Life Mall Smart Bracelet Review: A Fun Way To Track Your Fitness
- Manfrotto Manhattan Mover 50 Camera Backpack Review