The Beboncool Android Bluetooth Gamepad is designed to make gaming on your Android device so much easier. It can also be used with a Windows PC, although there’s no mention at all of Apple devices working with this, that includes the iPhone and iPad ranges.
Design and build quality:
The key factor for many people when it comes to picking a gamepad is, of course, the comfort it provides as you use it. This Android Bluetooth gamepad does provide some great comfort, although it can be a tiny bit rough, in the areas where my palms wrap around to hold the controller. That aside everything else in terms of comfort is great. My fingers can reach each button on their side with ease, so there’s no unpleasant finger stretching to reach one button.
The layout is very much similar to an Xbox controller. The analog sticks are positioned in the same positions with the left-hand side stick located towards the top and the right-hand stick is located diagonally down from this at the bottom of the right-hand side. The directional pad is located just below the left-hand stick, so as you can see, the similarities are real. Then, of course, there are shoulder buttons at the top. Also present is a turbo button, an auto button, a start button, a select button, a home button, a mode button, a reset button and four lights which say what controller number you are from one to four, for multiplayer purposes.
In the middle of the controller is a thick red section that lifts up to reveal the number light as well as the reset button, mode button and home button. The main purpose of this area, however, is to provide an area where your smartphone can be placed to attach it to the controller. This can support devices with screen sizes up to 9.3 inches in size, so many modern smartphones and tablets will fit with no major issues. Of course, there is one slight drawback and that is button positioning on the phone itself. If like my two phones, a Moto G3 and a HTC One M9, your mobile device has buttons at either side then you may find you need to position the phone off-center slightly to avoid any conflict with the buttons being pressed down by the clamp. This does make it look a little odd to be honest, but I managed to cope.
At the top of the controller is a MicroUSB port for charging the built-in battery. Talking of which, this battery lasts me at least 6 hours between each charge, which is quite good and lasts me a good few days since I don’t play on my phone for six hours a day.
In terms of build quality, this controller is quite decent. It feels well made and a little shake reveals no noises that would cause concern. In hand, it’s not too light or too heavy, which means it’s just perfect for me.
The initial pairing of this with my phone was quite easy and very quick. Within thirty seconds this Android Bluetooth gamepad was up and ready to use with a majority of the games on my phone. If you haven’t done anything like this before, then don’t panic as the included manual shows you exactly how to do the process with ease.
I have tested this controller with a few games such as GTA: San Andreas and I must say it’s just like using a game console controller. The buttons are responsive and the overall experience is a pleasing one that reminds you why physical controllers are much better than touchscreen controllers. There are so many games that an Android Bluetooth gamepad can be used with as well, although there are also a lot of games that don’t support controllers.
There are so many games that an Android Bluetooth gamepad can be used with as well, although there are also a lot of games that don’t support controllers. Luckily Beboncool has an application that shows you a list of free and none-free applications that will work with an Android Bluetooth gamepad.
This Android Bluetooth gamepad by Beboncool is a fantastic way to play your favorite games on the go. It’s easy to use, very responsive and very comfortable in the hands.
I received this product for free in return for my honest and unbiased review. This has had no effect on my overall opinion of the product.
I will be giving one lucky ready the chance to win this Android Bluetooth gamepad. To enter, simply follow the instructions in the Gleam widget below. Please note that the prize has been used for the purpose of review, but is otherwise in a very new condition.
- Easy to use
- Better than touch screen buttons
- Decent battery time
- Some phones have to be set up slightly off center or the buttons will get in the way
- SUPPORT ANDROIND Latest Version -- Wireless connect to any Android 2.3 above cell phone, tablet, or VR headset, ※※here is the video to show how to connect with your android phone/tablet https://youtu.be/bKecbK7gI3M
- PERFECT COMPAIBLE WITH WIRELESS CONNECTION -- Android smartphone Samsung S6, S6 Edge, S7, S7 Edge, Note 5, Nexus, HTC, LG G4 G5/android tablet / Emulator / Oculus Gear VR, ※ ※PUBG is not recommended
- LITHIUM BATTERY BUILT-IN WITH PHONE CLIP -- Built-in lithium battery 400MA ,Battery life is about 5-8 hours when playing continuously; Phone clip for your phone can accommodate smartphones up to 3.0 inch wide, support phone screen within 5.9inch
- Free companion APP "BEBONCOOL GAMEPAD" -- Brings you about 300 games (including about 145 free games), just enjoy your game time
- MAKING YOUR CHOICE RIGHT – The BEBONCOOL wireless Android controller with 3-years warranty ※※ if you have any question, please have no hesitate to contact with us , We promise that we will do our best to make you 100% satisfied for after-sale service
Last update on 2022-05-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API