Today I am reviewing the Trendwoo Rockpals Time Keeper Outdoor IP65 Bluetooth Speaker/Powerbank. This is one seriously buffed up speaker that has been designed for use both indoors and outdoors.
- WIRELESS BLUETOOTH STREAMING: Wirelessly connect up to 2 smartphones or tablets to the speaker and take turns enjoying powerful sound.
- UP TO 20 HOURS OF PLAYTIME: Built-in rechargeable Li-ion 7500mAH battery supports up to 20 hours of playtime and charges your device via USB port
- IPX7 WATERPROOF: Take Charge 4 to the beach or the pool without worrying about spills or even submersion in water
- JBLCONNECT plus Amplify your listening experience to epic levels and rock the party perfectly by wirelessly connecting more than 100 JBL Connect plus enabled speakers.
- DURABLE FABRIC AND RUGGED MATERIAL: The durable fabric material and rugged rubber housing allows your speaker to outlast all of your adventures
This is quite possibly the most rugged Bluetooth speaker I have ever come across. While it’s about the normal size for a Bluetooth speaker in terms of height, it’s actually quite bulky in terms of width. Most of the exterior of the speaker is made of strong plastic which is coated with a thick layer of rubber to give the speaker extra protection from drops and falls. The speaker also has rubber flaps and is well sealed to protect the insides from any water. Also present is a strap that can be clipped to a rucksack or utility belt so you can have the speaker on your person if you are doing some extreme sport such as rock climbing or mountain biking.
Something I really love about this speaker is the fact it also has a built-in power bank so you can charge your phone as well as listen to music. This power bank is a handy bonus and works really well. it charged my phone with no problems, however, you should be aware the speaker and powerbank share the same battery, so using the powerbank mode will affect the time left for the speaker.
Setup and audio quality:
Setting this speaker up with my phone was an easy task, but then again setting most Bluetooth products up with my phone has become second nature to me. Even if you have never done this sort of thing before it really isn’t too hard at all. If you need assistance the included manual has a nice clear and easy to read section on connecting the speaker to your phone.
In terms of signal reliability, this speaker isn’t too bad, although using it outside on a windy day did have some less than desired results with the wind causing interruptions to the Bluetooth signal between my phone and the speaker, that led to dropouts and songs skipping in areas. For a speaker that is supposed to be good for outdoor sports, a bit of wind affecting the signal is a bit of a disappointment. However in none windy conditions it’s brilliant and the signal for me was 100% uninterrupted.
Of course, if you don’t want to use your Bluetooth or your device lacks Bluetooth you can use the 3.5mm audio jack instead to connect your phone or another type of audio device to the speaker. this will give you a perfect connection without interruption but will not allow you to use any of the control buttons other than the volume.
The quality of audio produced by this speaker is amazing. It’s clear, crisp and mindful of every note a song produces. The bass is set at a decent level that really helps tp bring the music to life. I have used this speaker with many different genres of music and it handled each one really well. I have really enjoyed using this as my main speaker thanks to the audio quality.
The built-in microphone also works a treat and it handles taking phone calls quite well. It picks up my voice clearly with no issues and then delivers it flawlessly to the person on the other end of the call.
This speaker has a built-in 4000 mAh battery that is capable of delivering between 6 to 8 hours of music playback from a single charge. In practise, this works well, with the speaker on low volume I manage to get roughly 8 hours. As I said earlier, you can also use the battery to charge your phone but do bear in mind this will affect how long music will be played back for.
This is an impressive speaker that has a rugged outdoor proof design and amazing sound quality. I would definitely recommend this.
DISCLAIMER: I received this product at a discounted price in return for my honest and unbiased review. This has had no effect on my overall opinion of the product.
Last update on 2023-11-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- Bbloop Vintage Sewing Basket Review: An Excellent Gift For Anyone Who Enjoys Sewing
- Edifier Prisma E3350BT Desktop Speaker System Review
- Egoiggo S95X Android TV Box Review: A World Of Entertainment At Your Fingertips
- Simbr Neck And Shoulder Massager Review: It’s Like Heaven With This On
- Moto Z2 Play Out Now: Specifications Here